Stayed on way up to Inverness.The hotel due to size from outside you expect to be lovely inside its not its basic.Our room was clean and shower was ok.TV worked but room cold had to sleep with heater on but this was not a problem.new quilt needed as its too thin.I have a back problem and the lumpy mattress did not help At all so bad night had.Tea and coffee provided but no biscuits.Room was above extractors but not noisy and backed into the river which was nice .
We went to the bar around 8pm and were told food had stopped when its advertised 9pm so we ventured up the road but found nothing so no supper ;-/ the staff on bar lovely on reception they ok.The eating and drinking/bar needs warming up it felt like a school canteen.All in all ok stay but couldn't have stayed longer as not comfortable enough for me.Shouldn't have to pay extra for parking in the car park that belongs to the hotel either find this very strange.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the banks of the Waters of Leith in the West end of Edinburgh City Centre, the Britannia Hotel Edinburgh has 178 bedrooms and is conveniently located within easy reach of many of the city's major attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Britannia Edinburgh Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Edinburgh West End Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Travelodge
- Edinburgh Travel Lodge
- Britannia Edinburgh Hotel Scotland