This hotel is in a great setting but is very run down.We have stayed here many times when it was still travelodge so know how varied the rooms can be. We spent a long time checking in to find a room which didn't have horrible bathroom, dreadful mattress etc.
The reception staff were EXCELLENT, very helpful and friendly. Rating of 5 for them but only 2 for the state of the place and for the pathetic signs warning folk to bring no food or drink in to the hotel. Streuth!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the banks of the Waters of Leith in the West end of Edinburgh City Centre, the Britannia Hotel Edinburgh has 178 bedrooms and is conveniently located within easy reach of many of the city's major attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Britannia Edinburgh Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Edinburgh West End Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Travelodge
- Edinburgh Travel Lodge
- Britannia Edinburgh Hotel Scotland