Where do I start?! It's in the quiet part of town which is ok if you're happy walking for half an hour to anywhere decent. It's close to the Zoo and the castle if you have a car which is nice. The hotel itself is in such a degraded state, it is pretty much a hostel with your own shower. The in house 'restaurant' is basically a little chef type servery so very downmarket, but don't even THINK about bothering if you have a wheat allergy. Completely unhelpful staff and absolutely no idea to accommodate. Perfect should you enjoy everything either fried, greasy or breadcrumbed. I will recommend to everyone i know who are planning to stay in Edinburgh to STAY AWAY from this hotel unless you are used to extremely poor accommodation. I had to move rooms because the window latch was broken and the window in -5 degree temperature kept flying open. The floor I moved to after complaining has plaster coming off the door frames as your step out of the lift and so very noisy from the corridor. Room is no better - shabby state, handles removed from cabinets with no hair dryer and no telephone to call down to reception. All windows are single glazed too so noisy from street noise and very, very cold. This is possibly the worst place I've ever stayed in. Never again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the banks of the Waters of Leith in the West end of Edinburgh City Centre, the Britannia Hotel Edinburgh has 178 bedrooms and is conveniently located within easy reach of many of the city's major attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Britannia Edinburgh Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Edinburgh West End Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Travelodge
- Edinburgh Travel Lodge
- Britannia Edinburgh Hotel Scotland