With a three day leisure break booked to Edinburgh, I required a reasonably priced, clean hotel which was near the city centre. This is most definitely what I received. I was on the top floor which provided a great view of buildings in the city and also a very picturesque river running right outside my window, you could faintly hear this at night which I thought was nice and it did not disrupt my sleep. An amazing view in the evenings. The hotel is about a 15 minute walk into the City.
My room was spacious and besides one of the bedside tables being quite dusty for some reason, the rest of the room, and bathroom, were completely spotless. There were the usual tea & coffee making facilities, clean towels supplied every day, a very comfortable bed with additional pillows in the cupboard, a good sized television and very hot water for a bath each morning. I really couldn't find fault in the room, or the service I received from the staff, both on reception & in the restaurant, they were polite, speedy and very helpful.
I had an evening meal at the restaurant for the three nights I stayed, although there isn't a massive choice of dishes on their menu, the food I did order was pretty good, around £10.00 for a main meal and served quickly. The restaurant serves food between 5pm & 10pm which was very handy after a long day out, the bar seemed to be open during the day, as well as the night. I found the atmosphere to always be friendly within the restaurant/bar.
I would very much recommend this hotel to others, my stay was booked in advance for £19.00 per night, an excellent price in my opinion. A couple of things I would mention would be the dusty side bedside table and the window didn't close firmly shut so you could feel a slight breeze at night, these are the only things I could find fault with, but for £19.00 per night and a great service otherwise, these two things seemed irrelevant and something I would not have even thought to complain about.
I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this travelodge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the banks of the Waters of Leith in the West end of Edinburgh City Centre, the Britannia Hotel Edinburgh has 178 bedrooms and is conveniently located within easy reach of many of the city's major attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Britannia Edinburgh Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Edinburgh West End Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Travelodge
- Edinburgh Travel Lodge
- Britannia Edinburgh Hotel Scotland