I do have a chuckle when i read some of the reviews for this hotel. Lets face some facts. This is Edinburgh, one of the most expensive cities in the world to stay where the average hotel price for a 3* hotel is £150 per room per night. If you want a pool bunged in and a 2 minute walk from the centre, then you'll be paying £200. Travelodge is a budget hotel chain which allows most people like you and me, the chance to enjoy a bargain break away. I thought this hotel was superb value for money. A lovely location and a pleasant 15 minute walk to the centre. The room was very spacious and clean and had a bath and shower. The bar and restaurant area was great with plenty of choice. I'm rating this hotel purely on value. Yes there are far better places to stay in Edinburgh, but for £19-£29 per night, you can't beat it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the banks of the Waters of Leith in the West end of Edinburgh City Centre, the Britannia Hotel Edinburgh has 178 bedrooms and is conveniently located within easy reach of many of the city's major attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Splitty, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Britannia Edinburgh Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Edinburgh West End Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Travelodge
- Edinburgh Travel Lodge
- Britannia Edinburgh Hotel Scotland