We paid £118 for 1 night (including breakfast). The room was more basic than normal for a Travelodge. The website stated that the rooms had an iron, board and hairdryer. None of these were available. Also for a double room there was only 1 large towel and 1 hand towel! We had to ask for more.
The corridor where our room was (the disabled rooms where located here too) had no lilghting!! (or if there was it wasn't switched on and we definately couldn't find any switch!)
The breakfast buffet was OK, but we had to stand around waiting for a while for more crockery to come out. This happened a few times whilst we were eating our breakfast - could have been more organised.
Wouldn't have minded so much if we'd paid £50 or so for the 1 night!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the banks of the Waters of Leith in the West end of Edinburgh City Centre, the Britannia Hotel Edinburgh has 178 bedrooms and is conveniently located within easy reach of many of the city's major attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Britannia Edinburgh Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Edinburgh West End Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Travelodge
- Edinburgh Travel Lodge
- Britannia Edinburgh Hotel Scotland