“Cherry Tree Guest House at Easter”

Cherry Tree Villa Guest House
Ranked #200 of 389 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
London
“Cherry Tree Guest House at Easter”
Reviewed April 16, 2012

I stayed here before so that was so obvios to chose again.
Clean and tidy room, friendly everyone, especially Peter who is always willing to give an assistance if you need it. This B&B is lovely we do like that very well because the brekfast is vital in my case....
Good location and reasonable price for that.
Regards, Ati

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Fort Augustus
Reviewed April 16, 2012

This B&B will be my place to come to when I am in Edinburgh. I wasn't expecting anything grand when I booked it on the internet. I simply was hoping to stay in a decent place, However I was quite surprised when I discovered that the view from my room was absolutely stunning. Especially at night. What a great place to be!
The bathroom being simple and clean met my expectations. There was no disturbance during the night.
Now that I know which bus to use from the station I will even be able to easily get there. I should have asked the owner because he would have told me in advance. Such a helpful and balanced person! He even helped me with my broken bag.
And of course the breakfast was just perfect.

So: please be nice guests at this beautiful and precious little place!

Room Tip: Just ask and you will be told which room is best for you.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Clean, good service, friendly atmosphere and cheaper then anywhere else.
I highly recommend this B&B.
Regards,
Pat

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed March 30, 2012

A friend and I stayed here for four nights in Sept. It is a very nice B&B with lovely accommodations but the best part is the marvelous and very friendly service by the owners. Another great feature are the breakfasts which were varied and very good quality. The location is also a plus. I have spent a lot of time is Edinburgh over the years, including living near here for 6 months. It is very easy to get anywhere in Edinburgh by bus and this B&B is right on the busline that takes you right down to the Royal Mile and downtown Edinburgh. If you have a car, it is also easy to get to the Edinburgh by-pass and thus to any place in Scotland without having to negotiate going through the city. All-in-all, a great place to stay. Oh, and did I mention that it won't cost you an arm and a leg!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Luton
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Peter was an excellent host always willing to go out of his way to make sure every thing was comfortable.
The attic room was cute, comfortable and small, good enough for a one night stay.
The downside was, being in the attic the WI-FI signal was very poor, I could not get the TV to work although I'm sure if I told Peter he would have been more than willing to sort it out. Just one other thing, if you can't sleep when there is noise in the room then this is not the room for you as there is constant noise from the watering system...which soon became "white noise" to me so I was able to sleep.
Good shops and places to eat near by.
Like I said Peter is very kind and friendly which makes all the difference. I will come and stay again. Thank you Peter.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank jet p
Campbeltown, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 20, 2012

Pretty basic. Nice enough.

I dont want to get carried away with the score. 4's and 5 are reserved for extremely good places.

Peter was a very nice host

Breakfast - plenty of choice, but basic quality - cereals, juice and fry ups (veg and meat).

20 to 30 minute walk to edinburgh own. Nice walk on a good day. PLenty of buses if not.

Parking - some around the back and on the road in front. I had no problems.

IMPORTANT - I'm 6ft 2. I actually got upgraded. Which of course is really nice of peter. As we walked up the stairs to the Attic room I booked (£25), he kept looking at me and slowing down. HE decided I was too tall and put me in a different room. The room I was upgraded to was large enough, clean and equiped with sink, kettle and TV etc. Nothing spectacular, but nice. SO - The attic room must be pretty tight. He didn't even show it to me. I think he apgraded me to avoid embarassment. In defence of the attic room. I knew when I paid that it woul dbe small and I was fully warned by peter.

Finally - Thin walls. I could hear Chris Tarents every word through my wall! MAde it a bit hard to get to sleep

Nice guy. Nice place

Note - there are many many hostels in this area, so lots ot chose from that dont appear on trip advisor. I think you could just turn up and have a look around if you have the time.. and no big event is taking place in edinburgh

Room Tip: if above 6ft - seriously consider not going for the attic room.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 19, 2012

We enjoyed every aspect of our stay at the Cherry Tree, especially the fantastic proprietor Peter who oozes hospitality. Me and my girlfriend managed to get ourselves stranded in Edinburgh and desperate to find a B&B we scoured the internet and eventually stumbled upon The Cherry Tree. We turned up at 7.00 pm without a reservation and hoping for the best, which what undoubtedly what we got. We received an extremely warm welcome and despite requesting the cheapest room, Peter upgraded us to an on suite free of charge. The room was charming and had all the amenities one could have hoped for at a B&B. I woke to a generous breakfast and a friendly chat with Peter. Despite my girlfriend feeling under the weather and so not up for breakfast, Peter insisted i take some pastry's and yoghurt through to the room in case she felt like eating a little later. All in all, Peter is an impeccable host and a stay and his delightful B&B was just the tonic we needed after an extremely stressful day. I thoroughly recommend a stay at The Cherry Tree.

Craig.