The hotel is in a nice cobbled road quite close to central Edinburgh about 15 minutes walk from the train station and centre, and abouit ten minutes from the Edinburgh Playhouse and a lot of restaurants, as well as the Omni Centre. The hotel appears to be quite old and is in a delightful row of old houses. It is reputedly haunted, but we saw no sign of that!
We had a couple of issues; on day one we returned to our room at 3.45 p,m. and were somewhat surprised that it had not been serviced. That was dealt with very speedily. Then on the second morning, no hot water! Eventually that resolved itself too. However, when checking out the member of staff could not have dealt with this better and waived some charges as an apology! The staff were very good throughout and very attentive. Very nice gardens too!
Breakfast was substantial, well cooked and well served, as well as a large buffet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Edinburgh’s city centre is the Crowne Plaza Edinburgh – Royal Terrace with stunning views towards the Firth of Forth. The hotel is part of an impressive terrace of prestigious Georgian townhouses with many of the original features.We have recently undergone a refurbishment of our property and rebranded as Crowne Plaza Edinburgh - Royal Terrace (previously known as Royal Terrace Hotel part of Prima Hotels) on the 15th August 2013. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Crowne Plaza Edinburgh - Royal Terrace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Terrace Edinburgh
- Hotel Royal Terrace
- Royal Terrace Hotel Edinburgh
- Crowne Plaza Edinburgh - Royal Terrace Scotland