Having booked a two night stay six months ago arrived at 1.30 pm on 21st August to be told they had overbooked and we were being relocated to another hotel. On arrival we found this to be a dated building in a very noisy location. Impossible to sleep . Found out that the replacement hotel were charging £180 per room to the Royal Terrace who were themselves still charging rooms out at £295 per night. Feel completely ripped off. The Terrace eventually offered a slightly larger room for the second night plus a bottle of wine,but felt all the coming and going would take up too much time out of our short stay so declined.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Edinburgh’s city centre is the Crowne Plaza Edinburgh – Royal Terrace with stunning views towards the Firth of Forth. The hotel is part of an impressive terrace of prestigious Georgian townhouses with many of the original features.We have recently undergone a refurbishment of our property and rebranded as Crowne Plaza Edinburgh - Royal Terrace (previously known as Royal Terrace Hotel part of Prima Hotels) on the 15th August 2013. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Agoda, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Crowne Plaza Edinburgh - Royal Terrace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Terrace Edinburgh
- Hotel Royal Terrace
- Royal Terrace Hotel Edinburgh
- Crowne Plaza Edinburgh - Royal Terrace Scotland