Cruachan Guest House
$120
$94
  • Restaurant
Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
$235
$227
  • Bar/Lounge
Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
$223
Hotel Ceilidh-Donia(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
$112
$80
Travelocity
Cairn Hotel Edinburgh(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
$79
  • Bar/Lounge
The Place(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
$124
$98
$52
Agoda.com
Apex City of Edinburgh Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
$117
$108
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Edinburgh(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
$79
  • Pool
All reviewshost grahamtwo nightsb bthe ground floorcomfortable accommodationcity centreminute walk to the castlebreakfast roomwithin walking distanceguesthousestelevisionkettle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 1, 2011

I stayed here for two nights with my sister. We were given the twin en suite room on the ground floor which was really spacoius and the bathroom was modern and well done out. I was a little concerned about the noise if we were on the ground floor from the street outside but it was never a big issue. Breakfast was fantastic and you definately got plenty of great home cooked food - I was usally too full to finish all mine!
It was only a 15min walk into the city centre which we did instead of getting the bus but the guest house is also on the bus route if you wanted to spare your feet!
Graham was a perfect host very hospitable and helpful and always a phone call away if needed. The rooms were very clean and the dining area was also very spacious.
Great value for the quality we received - would definately come back again!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Turtles0up
Reviewed November 27, 2010

The owner made us really welcome and made sure that we had everything we needed. The breakfast is good and I recommend the fishcakes. The room was clean, tidy and warm, the en suite was spotless. The room was ample size for 2 of us and space to hang up clothes etc. The bus route to town is down the end of the road and just round the corner to town. If you walk it, takes about 10 - 15 mins. I would recommend this B & B and felt truly at home. The owner had a fab sense of humour and couldn't do enough for us, he even gave me his fishcake recipe... cause it was me.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 26, 2009

The minute we arrived at the Guest House we were warmly welcomed and felt very comfortable. The owner was very helpful and friendly and had a good sense of humour which made our stay even more memorable. The room was spacious, comfortable and very clean, it was definitely good value for money. The dining room conservatory where we had breakfast was stunning and the breakfast itself was beautiful and the menu was not limited as there were plenty different things to choose from. The staff were just as lovely and very comfortable to be around. All in all it was a great stay and i would highly reccomend this Guest House if you are ever venturing to Edinburgh.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 24, 2009

I have been staying in Edinburgh for two nights, booked a single room but actually when I arrive he arranged a double room for me, and there was no extra charge at all, its an amazing bargain to me, but it seems this lovely old man doesn't really care about money at all. Location and surrounding are wonderful, very convenient for conference attendees.
That was a clean and big room on third floor, enough space for me to have very good rest. Breakfast is traditional and nicely served. Mr. Graham who maintains the house very well, although he doesn't live there.

The impression of his kindness and friendly were further enhanced after I left Edinburgh in a hurry. I left my charger and a portable hard disk in the room and only found it while I travelled back to Sheffield. I tried to call him and he just go straight to room and found it for me. I wrote email to him with my address and indicated that I wanted the staff to be sent to me with special delivery and I would pay double price as reward. It all because the hard disk in too essential to me. And two days later, I got everything in a very carefully packed package, together with a email said that he will not charge me anything cause that's not a big money...

In a word, I had peaceful and very cosy time in the Cruachan Guest House and was really impressed and touched by the kindness and honesty of the land lord. Also need to mention the lovely little garden together with the beautiful dinning room. Considering the price, its a really worth choice if you want to stay a long time in Edinburgh.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed November 18, 2009

As soon as i arrived at the B and B the host welcomed me in the most friendly and inviting way, he also had no troubles answering my queries both about the city and the Guest house. It is run by a warm and welcoming family who really make you feel like your at home (even on my stay which was only a couple of nights). My room was comfortable and satisfied my needs perfectly, the breakfast in the morning was superb and the general atmoesphere was both friendly and inviting. All in all i would recomend this to anyone as it is great value for the money you pay.
J. Hill