“Great food and drink all reasonably priced”
Review of The Waiting Room

The Waiting Room
Ranked #1,027 of 2,572 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A welcoming local pub situated in the heart of Morningside. Our friendly staff will serve up a varied selection of the best Scottish craft beers, or if you're not a beer person, maybe one of our mouth-watering cocktails, or something from our extensive spirit and whisky gantry. Between 11.30 am and 9.00 pm, we also serve up an extensive and reasonably priced menu of delicious home-made food, which includes our much loved burgers and sizzling fajitas; and if you're out and about early on (or need some help recovering from the night before...), we serve a hearty Scottish breakfast until 1pm (3pm weekends), and fresh coffee all day. Sports fan? The Waiting Room is the place to be for all sporting events. With 5 large TVs and a 6-foot big screen, we show all major football, rugby, golf and tennis tournaments, and our staff are always willing to accommodate requests when possible (we can have up to three different things on at one time). We look forward to seeing you soon!
Reviewed September 11, 2013

They have a great choice of beers and other drinks (particularly Gins). Decided to eat on a whim one Friday night and we were very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food, we had fajitas and stir-fried teriyaki chicken - both were excellent. Food and drink are very reasonably priced.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Good value for money menu with plenty of choices for food and drink and also an excellent full Scottish breakfast

Reviewed August 12, 2013

I went to The Waiting Room with some friends this one Sunday morning after spending the previous everning in the festival drinking and dancing. I was starving. The Morning Glory did not have a lot for a vegeterial so we went to the Waiting Room. It was good. Nothing special as I was looking at the burgers that my friends ordered. My food was very nice. I had a burito. It was nicely presented and arrived promply. The bar looks really good, the staff is nice. Not too bad at all.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Excellent evening at The Waiting Room. A great atmosphere with fantastic cocktails and service. a lovely barman Thomas served us great French Martinis throughout the night.I would give this bar my highest reccomendation.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Just had one of the worst meals of my life. Sat down, ordered drinks then after around 10minutes the waitress came to take our food order. The waitress then arrived with cutlery and that was it. Even though the cutlery was at the end of the table the waitresses just kept walking past without even asking if we were still waiting for food. After waiting 25minutes I then decided it was time to ask if we would be eating tonight. Our order then arrived after others who had ordered after us.

The food was very bland and the chicken was overcooked.

I have had a bad experience here before but thought it was best to let it slide as it may have been a one-off.

I have been a regular customer for a number of years now and I'm very dissapointed.

2  Thank pb245