“Fantastic!”

The Waiting Room
Ranked #939 of 2,640 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A welcoming local pub situated in the heart of Morningside. Our friendly staff will serve up a varied selection of the best Scottish craft beers, or if you're not a beer person, maybe one of our mouth-watering cocktails, or something from our extensive spirit and whisky gantry. Between 11.30 am and 9.00 pm, we also serve up an extensive and reasonably priced menu of delicious home-made food, which includes our much loved burgers and sizzling fajitas; and if you're out and about early on (or need some help recovering from the night before...), we serve a hearty Scottish breakfast until 1pm (3pm weekends), and fresh coffee all day. Sports fan? The Waiting Room is the place to be for all sporting events. With 5 large TVs and a 6-foot big screen, we show all major football, rugby, golf and tennis tournaments, and our staff are always willing to accommodate requests when possible (we can have up to three different things on at one time). We look forward to seeing you soon!
Reviewed September 16, 2012

What can I say! The staff were bubbly and friendly (especially the girl with short hair and glasses), the drinks were great, the atmosphere was awesome!

We will be back, with friends, soon!

Reviewed September 12, 2012

My partner and I decided to head along to the Waiting Room last night for tea and despite frequenting the pub on numerous occasions over the last year I have to say that the food quality has declined to such an extent that I will never visit the pub again. Over the course of my previous visits it has been most noticable that the food quality has dipped but as a local we thought the food was still decent enough, however last night my partner and I were both ill having been served nothing but warmed up food which I could have bought at a supermarket. The food was either fried until it was dry or simply horiible....we both left thoroughly unsatisfied and with a dreadful after taste in our mouths. Needless to say we were both ill later and would implore you not to visit this pub for food, Morningside has many good eateries so please go and visit one of those!

2  Thank AndrewS1303
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I like the Waiting Room because it is rarely jam-packed, meaning it's great to go for a quiet drink or some tasty pub grub. The prices are reasonable for both the food and drinks and the staff are very friendly.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

This pub offers a reasonable choice of nicely presented food. Various offers are on, depending on the day of the week. Burgers are a good choice and good value, particularly when they are on offer!

The breakfast is a good deal, especially Mon-Fri before noon, when a full breakfast, including orange juice and tea or coffee, is on offer for £5 (at time of writing!).

The pub is obviously popular with locals popping in for elevenses or a meal, and has a friendly ambience. Waiting staff are helpful, pleasant and friendly.

The pub also serves a small selection of real ales.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

all day brekkie lovely and good price too the service was pleasant and surroundings were comfortable