“Result”

Ranked #144 of 2,478 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: New Town
Description: At Fishers in the City our ethos is simple; honest food, great service and a relaxed dining experience. Set in an old converted warehouse on Thistle Street, the contemporary surroundings offer the perfect venue for any occasion from a Hot Shellfish Platter to a bowl of mussels on the run. Daily specials, set lunch/ pre-theatre menu and our extensive wine list complement our fresh, seasonal menus.The a la carte menu is available all day, everyday, and of course our Fishers Favourites menu has our guests coming back time and time again. Open ALL day EVERY day.
scotland
“Result”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Booked for dinner with my friend through inEdinburgh for the rugby. Arrived to a warm welcome and shown to our table. I had fish cakes to start with they were OK I felt a little over cooked for my liking and appeared deep fried. My friend started with scallops delightful. I had the luxury fish supper superb! my friend had the fish platter again delightful. We had no room for anything else and but washed it all down with lovely bottle of red. Great atmosphere and truly worth a visit.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
UK
“Faultless Fishers”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

My wife and I were on a weekend break in Edinburgh and had a wonderful evening at Fishers in the City (8 Feb 2013). We had pre-dinner drinks in a couple of bars close to the restaurant on Thistle Street, before arriving to a very pleasant atmosphere in a smart modern dining room. We were made to feel very welcome and our table for two was perfect. The A La Carte and Specials menus were a delight for seafood lovers like myself with a mouth-watering choice of dishes, but also offered alternatives (steak, venison, etc). The menus were complimented by an impressive wine list. Service was excellent and our waiter was happy to arrange a taxi for us at the end of the night. An all round faultless experience and we can't wait to go back to Fishers on our next visit to this wonderful city.

1 Thank MKD-UK
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Relaxed Atmos-Lovely Food”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

This is a nice restaurant, the staff are very pleasant, the atmosphere is very relaxing and the food was delicious.
Lemon Sole (which is what I had), was the whole fish and the seafood fell off the bone. Very tasty.
I had originally asked for vongole or seafood spaghetti, but alas they had none, which although I thought was a little unusual for a fish restaurant, the waitress was really helpful at helping me choose an alternative.

The cost is reasonable for an eatery of this kind and the wine was again perfect for our fish dishes.

I will certainly be back here, as it was really fabulous. My only slight reservation and the reason I haven't given a perfect, is the lack of mixed spaghetti, vongole or something similar.
Please add this to your menu.

Kinross, United Kingdom
“Very well worth a visit!”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Booked for dinner here with my wife on the first Saturday in February. We arrived slightly early, but were warmly welcomed and offered a seat at the bar, given a menu each and enjoyed a pre-dinner drink.
Within 10 minutes we were shown to our table. The restaurant was busy and had loads of buzz but the service was attentive and friendly. Everything was done in a relaxed non fussy way.
There is a very good selection of fish and non fish dishes - though we both had fish for our main.
The food was excellent and so was service and atmosphere.
I would thoroughly recommend this restaurant and look forward to returning soon.

Whitley Bay, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Fishers”
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Just driven 2 hrs to eat dinner here!
Always great food and fabulous service!
The hot shell fish plater is heaven.
One of the best places to eat in the city.
Living the dream!