“excellent quality”

Ranked #138 of 2,554 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: New Town
Description: At Fishers in the City our ethos is simple; honest food, great service and a relaxed dining experience. Set in an old converted warehouse on Thistle Street, the contemporary surroundings offer the perfect venue for any occasion from a Hot Shellfish Platter to a bowl of mussels on the run. Daily specials, set lunch/ pre-theatre menu and our extensive wine list complement our fresh, seasonal menus.The a la carte menu is available all day, everyday, and of course our Fishers Favourites menu has our guests coming back time and time again. Open ALL day EVERY day.
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Great food, & the olive oil to dip bread in was superb, my party didn't want to order starters which we should have, so I left feeling a little hungry, the quality of fish was superb! I'd like to return.

There are newer reviews for Fishers in the City

Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

I took my boyfriend here for his birthday whilst we were in Edinburgh.

The staff were very accommodating when I asked if I could take a birthday cake for them to bring out at the end of our meal.

We had the seafood platter for two which was a huge mound of shellfish (£80).
Maybe not the best thing for beginners haha! We got very messy! We also don't understand how oysters are aphrodisiacs - yukky, we did finish the platter though.

We had a giggle, the staff were lovely, dispute our waiter spilling water all over me and there was a great atmosphere in there.

Both had upset stomachs and my partner was sick the following night although with all of the winter bugs around maybe it was due to that and not the food.

Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Four great meals and good value too. Oysters very fresh and delicious. Recommended. Oh and the Macon wine was fantastic too.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

I went to the restaurant with a group of friends. Having been before I was quite pleased with the choice as the last time I had visited it was amazing, unfortunately this time it wasn't to be.

I had the half lobster and scallop dish, the lobster was over cooked and the scallops nothing to shout out about, my friend had the tagine and having asked what it was served with (typical Moroccan dish) the waitress replied pasta, although sure no pasta was served with this dish and I wouldn't expect there to be either! Surely you know what's on the menu!

Whilst half way through eating our main courses we were asked if we wanted to look at deserts, at this point we politely declined as we wanted to finish our meal first, there also started clearing our main plates while one of the girls was still eating, it just felt really rushed and as if they were pushing us to finish as it was near what they consider closing time.

I'm not saying dont try it, maybe we just had an unlucky night Burke sure there's better seafood restaurants in Edinburgh willing to give that little extra!

Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

It's absolutely worth every penny . 5 star :-) the food is really good and the portions are big too . A must go !