“a cut above”

handmade burger Co.
Ranked #196 of 2,460 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: American, British
Good for: Scenic view, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: At handmade burger Co. we’re passionate about great food, so we have created a menu full of fresh food & the finest ingredients for you to enjoy.Our chef’s make more than 40 varieties of burgers from scratch in each restaurant every day, so that you can enjoy the tastiest handmade burger, cooked to order especially for you.Our handmade chips are peeled, cut & double fried in restaurant every day to give you fresh chips that will rival the homemade ones your mum used to make.Like everything else we serve you, the relishes we use are handmade to guarantee great flavours every time.To check out our wide range of freshly prepared handmade burgers, visit our restaurant & enjoy the handmade burger Co. experience.
Kent, United Kingdom
“a cut above”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

This is one of a number of eating establishments at the waterfront mall in Leith. it was difficult knowing which to choose but we had an O2 Priority Rewards discount offer, and that sent us through the entrance. The flaming thing would not download from my phone, but by then we were sitting in an almost deserted restaurant (mid week, late). In the event it did not matter as we were made very welcome and knew we had made the right choice.
I am no burger expert, although I admit I may have scoffed few in my time, but my wife and I both were very impressed. Calling it a burger almost seems to disrespect the content and the preparation. The owner/manager who comes from a line of chefs clearly has a passion for the product.
A good local brew to wash it down.
Thoroughly recommend.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Irvine, United Kingdom
“Service great as usual”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Not sure how this company manages it but when ever we visit one of there restaurants the service is always remarkable...not just friendy staff but genuinely friendly and attentive staff with personality.
When we visited the Royal yacht we though we would pop in here afterwards for lunch as I love the food at handmade burger..always find the food fresh and very tasty and combined with a voucher,great value.
We both had chicken with avocado and bacon and it was superb,along with the chips.
Managed to get a window seat so were able to look over the docks whilst eating.
Cant fault this place.

edinburgh
“Will come time and time again!”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I have eaten here on many occasions, wife family and friends and i will continue to come back. The burgers are really nice and chips also of a high standard. Everytime i have been here the people i have been with have never had any complaints about the food or anything, just compliments.

The staff i have always found to be very nice and friendly.

If your in the Ocean Terminal at lunch or dinner then definitely drop in for some food in here as you are guaranteed a good meal.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Edinburger”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Great burgers! Wife and I spent 4 days in Edinburgh and stayed at the Holiday Inn near the Ocean Terminal, and ate here all 4 nights. The Edinburger was a great take on Scottish cuisine! I also had the lamb burger and gyro burger which were phenomenal! Chips sold separately, so cost adds up quickly. Not as filling as I'd like, but I'm an American with a large appetite so that is par for the course.

• Visited January 2014
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Decent Burger”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

My son and I popped in here for tea on a wet Wednesday evening. I opted for one of their 'Jimmy's Farm' premium burgers and my son had a sweet potato and bean veggie option.

I am not a great fan of going to a counter to order my food - it's too reminiscent of McDonalds for me - but to be fair, the chap on the other side of the counter was friendly and helpful and the order was placed quickly without any hassle.

Food arrived shortly after and the burgers and chips were both pretty good and difficult to fault. My only issue is with burger etiquette. I am never sure whether you just pick the thing up and eat it, or tackle it with a knife and fork. On this occasion, hand tools were required as the burger was so large there was no way I could eat it in public and retain my dignity.

A good meal, and, if my son has any say in the matter, we'll be back.

• Visited February 2014