“Had a great burger!”

handmade burger Co.
Ranked #349 of 2,640 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: At handmade burger Co. we’re passionate about great food, so we have created a menu full of fresh food & the finest ingredients for you to enjoy.Our chef’s make more than 40 varieties of burgers from scratch in each restaurant every day, so that you can enjoy the tastiest handmade burger, cooked to order especially for you.Our handmade chips are peeled, cut & double fried in restaurant every day to give you fresh chips that will rival the homemade ones your mum used to make.Like everything else we serve you, the relishes we use are handmade to guarantee great flavours every time.To check out our wide range of freshly prepared handmade burgers, visit our restaurant & enjoy the handmade burger Co. experience.
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We stopped off here on our way to the Royal Yacht. What a yummy burger. You can choose from many different toppings. They even offer a burger filled with Haggis for the intrepid! Love the free soda refills too!

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Today was the first ever time I have been to the handmade burger co and I'm so disappointed that I've never been before now. The service was fantastic and the food was great. I thought it was slightly pricey but overlooked this as it was so good. Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed November 14, 2013

This place has to be the best burger place in edinburgh they really do cater to everyones diets from meat eaters to veggie to vegan although the vegan menu could be a bit more broad, but it is easy to subtract sauces from the burgers to make them vegan. The staff are always really nice and helpful. the restaurant is in a great location with a great view over the forth. they do have a wide varied menu which is is really great. they do run regular offers on vouchercloud which is really good, you buy one burger and then get another for a pound! really great deal would recommend it to anyone. One thing i would ask they do is BRING BACK THE ONION BHAJI BURGER PLEASE!

Reviewed November 10, 2013

First i'll say that while vacation from Switzerland we discovered rapidly how overwhelmingly friendly and warm the people from Scotland are.
While we were at the shaping mall at the terminal we decided to get a quick bite to eat and decided on burgers.
We were welcomed very nicely and seated at a table which we did not care for as the ceiling light was blinding me. After we brought that to their attention we were gracefully, taken to another table.
Our order was taken and upon me saying that I did not wish to have onions in my burger the person taking my order asked me if it was because of allergies. I answered no but was curious as to why he would ask me such a question to which he replied that one of the sauces in the burger we had ordered had onion in it and he just wanted to be safe. Anyway I was surprised and amazed at the thoughtfulness.
The burgers themselves were truly delicious and the quality of the ingredients was obvious.
Every one working there was courteous, friendly, and patient. The gentleman who was serving was so friendly and told us about one of the new sauces they had which he told us was really great. He then told us to wait a minute and was going to bring us some to try, which he did (it was indeed delicious). On the way out he saw us and accompanied us to exit and offered us a menu as a souvenir.
I don't know how most people would react to all of this and perhaps it's just normal in Scotland but for my family and I, we're simply not used to that anymore, and I must say that it was truly a very pleasant experience to eat there.
I wish I had gotten the name of the gentlemen in question because I would like to commend him for his friendliness and professionalism, to his manager.
Thank you to all the staff of Handmade Burger Co!

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Great choice of burgers and the chips are amazing. Yes it's pricey but you pay for good ingredients and quality. Will def go back.