“Our favourite burgers in Edinburgh”

handmade burger Co.
Ranked #198 of 2,449 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: American, British
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view, Kids, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: At handmade burger Co. we’re passionate about great food, so we have created a menu full of fresh food & the finest ingredients for you to enjoy.Our chef’s make more than 40 varieties of burgers from scratch in each restaurant every day, so that you can enjoy the tastiest handmade burger, cooked to order especially for you.Our handmade chips are peeled, cut & double fried in restaurant every day to give you fresh chips that will rival the homemade ones your mum used to make.Like everything else we serve you, the relishes we use are handmade to guarantee great flavours every time.To check out our wide range of freshly prepared handmade burgers, visit our restaurant & enjoy the handmade burger Co. experience.
East Lothian
“Our favourite burgers in Edinburgh”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

Never disappointed. Have visited a few times. I like my burger well done and this is one of the real burger joints who are happy to do that without taking exception. They do it well and their fries are delicious. Don't really need any side dishes. Service is good once you have ordered and paid at the bar. This is a bit of a hassle when it is busy. Good eatery on way to cinema at Ocean Terminal.

• Visited December 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
edinburgh
“Fantastic burgers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

This must be one of the best burger resturants in Edinburgh the staff are very friendley and take time to explain the menu if this is your first visit but it certainley will not be your last the food is excelent and good value for money well worth the visit

London, United Kingdom
“Good burgers, friendly staff.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

I've been here three times before. The burgers are always good and the portions are really generous. For the type of food it is, it's very tasty and handy for a quick bite.

There's a huge amount of space in the restaurant so it's definitely ideal for groups of friends, or families before heading to do some shopping or going to the cinema.

My particular praise is for one member of staff. I'm not sure of his name (which is a shame) but he's a great waiter. Really friendly, happily engages in conversation, gives suggestions of what you might like (which include his own milkshake creations!) and always comes back to the table for your feedback on your meal. In all the restaurants I've been in, he's probably the best waiter I've come across, so, I hope he's appreciated in Ocean T!

Anyone else I've dealt with in there has also been very friendly. The staff all seem very helpful and enthusiastic which is a major plus for me.

scotland
“Best Burgers outwith the USA”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

Came here for saturday lunch, staff really friendly and telling us the specials. You pay by table number when you order and get your drinks - minimum selection od drinks on offer mostly bottles and cans. Menu is superb such a cariety. Ordered cheese and bacon burger (extra special aged beef) and a chicken and brie with cranberry burger with a side of pickles and seasoned fries. everything was great meal was around £30 expensive for a burger but worth it - it really is gourmet burgers here. will deffo go back here.

pisa
“Very poor, Not worth the money”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

Being an Italian, I expect a lot from highly-rated "restaurants". After reading many enthusiastic and over-enthusiastic reviews, I decided to have lunch at Handmade Burgers located at the Ocean Terminal.

It was a bad decision: I spent a little bit less than 15 pounds for eating a below-average burger, with average chips and one of the cheapest beers currently sold.

- I had to wait over half an hour for one burger and one portion of chips (and there were also a lot of available seats). Half an hour is too much: it's a burger not some ultra-sophisticated French recipe! Anyway, when people have to wait that long, the restaurant should worry and bring some kind of appetizer.

- The meat was good, but the overall taste was not good at al (I had a smokey burger and it had a sweet cream... ok that's personal).

- The bread was terrible (it was not even possible to cut it, it broke) and cold. Could the owners of this place tell me what the point is in preparing burgers with the worst bread you can possibly find in Scotland? The burger is made basically by two components: a burger and the bread, the rest is there just to add pence to the price.

- The chips were, well, normal, may be a little soft. I usually have better chips in Edinburgh.

The only positive side was the staff, very kind and polite.

My suggestion? Avoid this place: high prices for below-average burgers. I really do not understand how places like this can receive high rates...