“Good burgers, friendly staff.”
Review of handmade burger Co

handmade burger Co
Ranked #359 of 2,653 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Our burgers are handmade from scratch HERE everyday, using traditionally reared 100% prime Scotch beef, mixed together with a selection of fresh ingredients & seasonings before being flame grilled to order. Our fresh cut chips are made from farm fresh potatoes, peeled & cut before being double fried to make them fluffy on the inside and crispy on the outside. Our menu boasts over 40 burgers! A great selection of vegetarian, vegan and gluten free burgers, deliciously decadent desserts and shakes. Our sides include handmade coleslaw, onion rings, sweet potato fries, chicken wings and halloumi bites! Make sure to try our Premium fresh cut chips - Denver, Cheesy & Mexican. Halal chicken is available upon request.
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I've been here three times before. The burgers are always good and the portions are really generous. For the type of food it is, it's very tasty and handy for a quick bite.

There's a huge amount of space in the restaurant so it's definitely ideal for groups of friends, or families before heading to do some shopping or going to the cinema.

My particular praise is for one member of staff. I'm not sure of his name (which is a shame) but he's a great waiter. Really friendly, happily engages in conversation, gives suggestions of what you might like (which include his own milkshake creations!) and always comes back to the table for your feedback on your meal. In all the restaurants I've been in, he's probably the best waiter I've come across, so, I hope he's appreciated in Ocean T!

Anyone else I've dealt with in there has also been very friendly. The staff all seem very helpful and enthusiastic which is a major plus for me.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Came here for saturday lunch, staff really friendly and telling us the specials. You pay by table number when you order and get your drinks - minimum selection od drinks on offer mostly bottles and cans. Menu is superb such a cariety. Ordered cheese and bacon burger (extra special aged beef) and a chicken and brie with cranberry burger with a side of pickles and seasoned fries. everything was great meal was around £30 expensive for a burger but worth it - it really is gourmet burgers here. will deffo go back here.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Being an Italian, I expect a lot from highly-rated "restaurants". After reading many enthusiastic and over-enthusiastic reviews, I decided to have lunch at Handmade Burgers located at the Ocean Terminal.

It was a bad decision: I spent a little bit less than 15 pounds for eating a below-average burger, with average chips and one of the cheapest beers currently sold.

- I had to wait over half an hour for one burger and one portion of chips (and there were also a lot of available seats). Half an hour is too much: it's a burger not some ultra-sophisticated French recipe! Anyway, when people have to wait that long, the restaurant should worry and bring some kind of appetizer.

- The meat was good, but the overall taste was not good at al (I had a smokey burger and it had a sweet cream... ok that's personal).

- The bread was terrible (it was not even possible to cut it, it broke) and cold. Could the owners of this place tell me what the point is in preparing burgers with the worst bread you can possibly find in Scotland? The burger is made basically by two components: a burger and the bread, the rest is there just to add pence to the price.

- The chips were, well, normal, may be a little soft. I usually have better chips in Edinburgh.

The only positive side was the staff, very kind and polite.

My suggestion? Avoid this place: high prices for below-average burgers. I really do not understand how places like this can receive high rates...

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Defiantly the best restaurant in ocean terminal. We visited on a Saturday night when we arrived there was a queue outside so we expected to be waiting for while however this was not the case after a 5 minute wait our table was ready. The menu is fantastic there is so much to choose from defiantly something for everyone there is also a good selection off dipping sauces to choose from which i always think is important. After ordering we waited about 45 mins on our food which is really good considering it was a busy Saturday night the food was great one of the best hamburgers I’ve ever had full of taste and very fresh the chips were also great cooked to perfection. The staff were fantastic very friendly and efficient I cannot praise this place enough can’t wait to go back.

Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

We popped in here 2 works amazing amazing
Would never go out for a burger but totally enjoyed it would 100% return in a flash

1  Thank Squarebaws