Tripadvisor

from $20.98
from $15.96
from $83.57
21,126 results
All reviews natural history roof terrace all ages free entry interactive exhibits rainy day few hours beautiful building great for kids couple of hours on display great place to visit visiting edinburgh royal mile dolly science technology
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

If I could give this Museum 6 stars then I would. The building was amazing, the layout was amazing, the food was excellent and the variety of exhibitions was outstanding. My daughter and I visited on our last day in Edinburgh. We had limited time unfortunately because we had to catch a flight. I fully intend to return to Edinburgh because I loved the city but even if I didn’t I would return for this Museum. I was enthralled. I was just so excited by so much and I am not someone who regularly haunts museums. I can’t praise this place enough whatever your age , interests there is something for everyone

Date of experience: December 2019
1  Thank jaguar58
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Worth visiting. For those interested in history, heritage or culture, this is one not to miss. Usually museums not my scene but enjoyed this visit very much.

1  Thank HamishBond007
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Four stories experience and time travel all around the world. Interactive games for all ages. All of this for free like any other museums. Simply cannot be missed.

1  Thank akos67
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This really is an incredible museum with so many beautifully displayed artefacts. It’s free and splendid. Do not miss it.
My favourite exhibits? So many! I did like the REAL planes flying above the gallery, the water fountain on the ground floor and the Charles Rennie McIntosh furniture. The building itself is phenomenal. I will bd back soon for a whole day.

1  Thank itchyfeet2014
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

First visit to Edinburgh so tried to do most of the tourist attractions. For a free attraction this was amazing. A lot of history and a lovely building inside to walk round.