“Delicious food in lovely surroundings”
Review of The Mulroy - CLOSED

The Mulroy
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighborhood: West End
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I visited this restaurant with my husband for our anniversary. It was beautifully decorated with a really good atmosphere and in a very comfortable setting. I had the Trio of border spring lamb as my main course which was simply delicious topped off with the rhubarb and strawberry cheesecake for dessert. Cheesecake is my favourite dessert and this was up there with one of the best I have tasted. Well worth a visit - they have a great lunchtime menu too and this would be perfect for anyone entertaining business guests.
Excellent value.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

First visit - will definitely be back.
Food, service and ambience all excellent.
We went for lunch - the price was very reasonable.

1  Thank amtc63
Reviewed July 19, 2013

This restaurant doesn't look much from the outside - it's in a basement - but inside it's very pleasant and surprisingly bright. It's a quiet restaurant, well suited to a romantic meal for two. There's no air conditioning which I guess isn't normally a problem but, on one of the hottest days of the year, it was unfortunately stiflingly hot.

My partner and I both had the tasting menu which we found to be excellent and well thought out. We were especially impressed by the seemingly crazy combination of stone bass and roasted rhubarb which worked beautifully.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed a Saturday lunch at The Mulroy last weekend. The food, service and ambiance were the best I have experienced yet in Edinburgh and I would thoroughly recommend it to anyone.

The setting is well laid out, comfortable, light. Really quite a plush interior.

The service was from the same waiter throughout who knew everything about the menu, the origin of the ingredients as well as the wine list. He was confident enough to recommend wine and got it spot on.

The food was 5-star at a 4-star price. As good as I have tasted at far more expensive restaurants in the city.

I will be going back; I'd highly recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

I went back for the full a la carte after having been impressed by the Petit Menu. The style of cuisine is not different. The dishes are sometimes glorified versions of the Petit dishes, using more than one cut, including the expensive bit... For example, the already excellent lamb shoulder featuring in the Petit menu is transformed into a truly glorious trio including shoulder, saddle and sweetbread, as well as the numerous minute and precisely executed garnishes that are a feature of the style of dishes here.
Beside the lamb, also a rabbit and a duck were remarkable.
This is accomplished cuisine using good produce, at very keen prices for the quality, in a pleasant and original environment, with great hospitality skills. Definitely one to come back to more than once.

1  Thank thoughtfuldiner