“Wish I Had Choosen Another Place”
Review of The Mulroy - CLOSED

The Mulroy
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighborhood: West End
Reviewed January 2, 2013

The atmosphere is welcoming - elegant but warm. The evening started well with a pleasant waiter, a tasty amuse-bouche and some distinctive, hearty bread. The first course, a trio of seafood, was uninspired. The 'oysters', was an oyster (one) and the two bites of salmon seemed meager. The second course, a cod dish that included risotto with smoked fish, was extremely salty. The cod was beautifully cooked. At a less pricey restaurant, I would have been satisfied with the food but it did not live up to the reputation or prices of The Mulroy. After I asked for the check, it took 20 minutes to receive the bill. I left feeling that they did not care about my dining experience.

1  Thank Eileen F
MaitredMcG, Manager at The Mulroy, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Dear chefeileen,

I am very sorry to hear that you had an underwhelming experience at The Mulroy.

We endeavour to serve fantastic, fresh, seasonal food at an affordable price, and we clearly did not meet your expectations. I think I can remember your party, and if it was made clear that there was a problem, we would of swiftly corrected the issue or offered an explanation.

I hope that your experience will not put off returning to The Mulroy in 2013, perhaps trying our superb lunch/pre-theatre menu - 2 courses for £16.50 - fanastic value!

Reviewed December 23, 2012

Very busy night, it was just before Christmas. We had a table of five; every one enjoyed the well presented, delicious food and wine. We had enjoyed cocktails at the recently refitted Caledonian Hotel (it is beautiful, and only a short walk from Mulroy's). Go along William Street and down the steps into Mulroy's basement haven. There was little bit of confusion when plates were placed in front of the wrong people and a couple of the wines were out of stock but there was always a perfect alternative and nothing spoiled the experience.

1  Thank judi7419
Reviewed December 20, 2012

My fiancé and I spent a fabulous moment at the Mulroy. Everything was perfect. From the aperitif until the petits fours. . . We choose the tasting menu with the matching glasses of wine.Such a great value for this kind of prestation. Michelin dishes without the star! even the chef himself came to make sure all his guests were fine. . Such a nice touch. The staff also was very professional, friendly and make you feel welcome. Thanks again the Mulroy for this unforgettable evening

1  Thank leodrix
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Can only say this is the best restaurant I have vsited.Michellin quality food at an affordable price . Staff very welcoming and amiable.The whole ambience of the place is perfect.Unable to fault anything.Try this restaurant you wont be dissapointed.

1  Thank DONALD L
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We had a superb meal at the restaurant last week. Food, wine and service were all outstanding in the lovely restaurant.
A short walk from the Caledonian Hotel at the end of Princes Street it is, without doubt, worth a visit and you are sure to return.

1  Thank Paul2378