“Another Great Meal”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

We went back again last night..as expected the service was first class as was the Carvery...the only down side was Melissa who is leaving to go back to finish her Teacher Study ( Good Luck with chosen Career) it was a lovely meal and Melissa was very attentive as always I am sure she will be missed by both Staff and Customers.,. she brought us her own Dessert Ice Cream creation which was amazing and should be named " Melissaaa" Special ...thanks again to all the Staff for an excellent evening.... hope to be back soon....

Reviewed August 25, 2013

It was a very busy Sunday Lunchtime. The waiting staff coped very well.
However, the chefs seemed to be having a little trouble keeping up with the demand for the self serve dishes. They kept running out and it was a while before the dishes were refilled.
The food was typical carvery food so we knew what to expect.
Lovley environment and atmosphere.
We will go back here.

Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I had a meal here last night....it was our first visit to this Toby....it most certainly will not be the last....it was busy but the service was very very good our waitress Mellisa was very nice and looked after us as if we were Royalty ...we travelled from Haddington but the journey was well worth it .....the meal was excellent and the Chef Oscar was generous with Carvery all in all we would highly recommend a visit here...and we will return soon ....Thank You Mellisa for such great service makes it a great experience...

Reviewed July 24, 2013

We honestly couldn't find any fault, plenty out door space where you can bring the dog with you, really nice building kept in immaculate condition, the food was very very tasty, good quality and wee had 2 large plates of meat and fresh veg plus 2 pints of shandy for under £20! The staff and owners must feel quite hurt to put so much effort in and get so many ungrateful reviewers, I had a good look inside when ordering the place looks lovely has lots for tidy stone walls with good quality seating tell me honestly what more do you want you get far more than what you pay for by a long shot! I expected to see this place in top 200 - 400 not 1004 out of 1400 odd, for the service, food, 2 pints of shandy and nice location all for under £20 for the 2 of us!!

Shrug off most of the negative reviews Iv read some of them, these people are calculating the cost of food not taking into paying for the staff, premises and rates! all expensive in Edinburgh! (well not the staff part min wage or just over is the same all over Scotland sadly) one reviewer is talking about what it cost and how things are done in a different country! LOL, from the negitive reviews I read they were not constructive criticism just moans who cant see what a cracking deal they are got! unless I have got you all on a very good day and you all normally don't care as much as you did today (hard to believe this would be the case L) you deserve a big pat on the back!

We will be back!! as you are also very handy if you are taking the dog for walk as very close to Crammond walking path and are good at looking after you customers!!

Thank you to all the staff we met (Oscar one of the chefs even looked after the dogs with some water and told us to just ask for more if needed most chefs would probably say not my good I reckon) and Mark was very polite when I phoned for info about the place) for giving us fantastic service we both noticed you bringing smiles to people you were looking after well done!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

After living in North America for many years, I am used to the 'all you can eat' concept of buffets and this carvery just confused me. You can eat as much as you like of everything except meat and I don't understand the exception. Do the management imagine that everyone will eat £5 worth of meat if it wasn't 'rationed'? It's a fallacy that people eat more when it's all one price, occasionally there might be someone with a gargantuan appetite but generally speaking very few people can eat more than £3 worth of food at a sitting. (I'm talking about the food served at this carvery, standard meat, potatoes, vegetables and Yorkshire pudding.) The presentation leaves much to be desired especially the gravies and sauces which are served at a separate location from the food itself; they looked quite unappetising. The one thing which was better than average was the Yorkshire puddings which were light, crispy and really delicious. I should say that this is not an expensive eating experience but sometimes, you'd rather spend a bit more to get a bit better.