“A fine experience”

Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: West End
Reviewed June 10, 2013

My wife and I were looking forward to trying out Kanpai and weren't disappointed.
We visited for lunch on Saturday (08/06/13) and will definetly return on our next day out in Edinburgh.
The sushi was delicious, we shared the 20 piece sashimi platter and the rainbow roll. We also ordered the octopus fish cakes which were very tasty and the surprise dish was the aubergine. I can't believe it would taste so good.
The service was friendly and attentive and the restaurant typical Japanese with clean neat lines and everthing perfectly presented. The chilled sake was quite refreshing on such a beautiful day.
I considered Yatai in Aberdeen the best sushi I have had recently but Kanpai runs it very close and as it is only 30 mins away, I will be returning soon and often.

2  Thank NBJP

Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Probably the best sushi place in Edinburgh, with the food fresh, well seasoned and prepared to perfection.

The service is sometimes more enthusiastic than effective and at times much of the menu has been unavailable, but I keep coming back!

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Had a fantastic family meal last night. The sushi was great, service good and all the staff very friendly and helpful.

1  Thank lurganbob
Reviewed June 2, 2013

The service was not the most attentive however the food made up for it. We booked the night before and got seated near the bar, watching the the chefs preparing your food added to the entertainment. Clean and meticulously tidy. Highly recommended and would return if I visit Edinburgh again.

Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

Everthing looked great in their large menu and I ended up ordering veggie tempura, teriyaki salmon rolls, tuna maki rolls and spicy tuna gunkan. Really top notch sushi. Order time was 30 min and the staff were all very very friendly.

1  Thank pmkristensen1