“simply the best”

Neighborhood: West End
glasgow
“simply the best”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

simply the best sushi in edinburgh just need to add robatayaki dishes like roka in london that would be perfet

Bristol, United Kingdom
“this is a very nice restaurant: highly recommended”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

hello all you diners, this is a very good sushi restaurant. the food is of a high standard, the staff are so nice and the decor and mood is really great. i'd recommend anyone to go here. a must visit in edinburgh. will be going back. must try dish: aubergine in miso sauce. lovely :-)

London, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Dined here on business and was treated to a wonderful feast, very fresh fish and great menu variety. Quiet, relaxing dining environment after a long day of meetings. Definitely recommended.

1 Thank NMPCC100
Saint Joseph, Michigan
“OMG please come and have some sushi here”
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

After a couple of days just trying "local food" during our trip to Europe, my husband and I decided to give this well rated sushi place a try. I can't say how please we are with the dinner we had. We have been to a lot of sushi places in different parts of the world and this is definitely part of the top of the list now. And with decent price by the way. Love it!

1 Thank rgzalvarenga
“The only Japanese restaurant in Edinburgh?”
Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

I must say this restaurant caught me by surprise. I've been on the hunt for a decent sushi joint in Edinburgh and can't believe it has taken me this long to finally set foot in this establishment. My friend and I popped by for lunch and actually came away quite impressed. You are never going to find "Michelin starred" sushi in Edinburgh, but this restaurant tries to serve up tasty yet visually appetising food. The takoyaki were well done as were the nigiri and maki sushi we tried. They had run out of tuna which was disappointing, though. The rolls were also done properly, and I was actually pleasantly surprised by how nice the dragon roll was - the tempura prawn was still very crisp and tasted like it had been freshly fried. It was also presented nicely in the shape of a, you guessed it, dragon! Granted this was only my first visit, I hope the standards are fairly consistent.

I did notice that the two chefs (itamae, if you could call them that!) were not of Japanese origin. It beggars belief why most sushi places in Edinburgh are not run by Japanese. Anyhow, I applaud Kanpai for serving food that actually resembles Japanese cuisine. It is perhaps the least watered down of the few so-called Japanese restaurants in Edinburgh.

3 Thank Milchpuder