“A special place”

Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: West End
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Our second visit to Kanpai. The first visit was so special we wondered if it could be equalled. Despite the lack of any tuna, the food and service were again excellent. It's one of those special places you just have to go to. Excellent.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

We went there for mid-week treat and this was a beautiful experience. The staff was friendly and attentive, the atmosphere very nice and the food absolutely amazing. I have tasted the most beautiful sushi, there is no word to descibe how good the teriaki salmon was, and the octopus fish cakes were excellent.
I would def. recommend any sushi/Japanese food enthousiast to go there :)

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Mid-week meal - first visit here.

Very nice atmosphere and layout in the restaurant - friendly staff and open kitchen area so you can see the food being prepared. Menu was comprehensive, so should be something there to suit everyone's tastes.

Sushi was fantastic - particularly the grilled Salmon & grilled Sea Bass nigiri.

Menu might look a tad pricey at first glance, compared to other Sushi places, but the surroundings and the standard of the food served easily justify the pricing.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

My family and I visited Kanpai last Saturday for dinner, what a treat it was! We are big fans of their sister restaurant Sushiya and had been meaning to try Kanpai for some time.
The restaurant itself is beautiful and very comfortable. The staff were friendly and professional. The food was excellent. Special mention of the soft shell crab roll and the hot aubergine dish (sorry I can't remember the name), also the special sashimi platter was so fresh and beautifully presented. Oh and the ice cream was lovely too!

We will definitely be back!

Thank you for a superb evening.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

My partner and I have dined at Kanpai on two occasions. Each was a gastronomic extravaganza! The food is all so fresh and beautifully presented. The restaurant is very clean and the staff are attentive and polite. The menu is reasonably priced and this encouraged us to try a selection of items. The eel melts in the mouth, but everything is first class really! I can't wait to go again, next time I will try to get a seat at the bar where you can see the chefs preparing your food! I can't recommend Kanpai highly enough! Yum.