“Superb sushi - little choice but excellent quality”
Review of Kanpai Sushi

Kanpai Sushi
Ranked #94 of 2,568 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: West End
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I came to Kanpai because of the great reviews I read on here however you never really know how good it is based on others subjective opinions. Being from London and having eaten my fair share at Japanese restaurants I was looking forward to dining at Kanpai but still a little skeptical. Turns out I didn't have anything to worry about. The sushi is superb, better than any other sushi I have had in London! As mentioned in the title they only really serve sushi and a few others items but that's because of the high quality they adhere to.

Best sushi I have had in the UK. And at £50 for 2 without alcohol, it's great value!

Reviewed December 25, 2012

Service Amazing. Food AMAZING. I only wish there was more of it. We went at 5pm so it was very quiet, I can imagine the atmosphere is better when it's busier but the quality of the food more than made up for the quietness. Would completely recommend!

1  Thank KFitzsimons
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Have been to Kanpai a few times now and the food has been excellent every time. The service is calm and friendly and the restaurant is well and simply decorated, clean and really pleasant to spend time in.
All the dishes we've tasted have been excellent but some of our favourites are:
- sashimi, especially salmon, as it comes served on ice and that really changes the texture of the fish for the better
- the dragon roll is a dream
- the aubergine - grilled with a beautiful sweet glaze, so delicious
- seaweed salad
- tuna tataki - just slightly seared tuna with a wonderful miso sauce

This restaurant is just delightful!

1  Thank Sonja V
Reviewed December 21, 2012

The best place we ate at during a 1-week break in Edinburgh. Everything we ordered was absolutely divine, whether it was sushi or one of the cooked items. The tempura was light and fluffy, the maki were fresh and subtly flavoured... absolute heaven.

The restaurant is very well decorated and the service was responsive. The only slight negative is that the meal was relatively expensive, but considering the quality of what we got we considered it well worth it.

1  Thank Batterseapower
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Having lived in Asia for 15 years, nothing in the UK satisfied the sushi craving until I came across this place, I am now a regular. The best Japanese restaurant in Edinburgh hands down and probably one of the best in the UK, whilst it is relatively well priced.

1  Thank ElliotNicholas