I arrived early in the morning after my international flight and I had a short wait while they got my feather free room available. They graciously invited me to join in the breakfast, and although the breakfast area is crowded I did not see anyone go without seating. We were there in July during the University's graduation and they handled the crowds very well.
The food was fairly standard RI food but was prepared extremely well and I loved the addition of the Scottish scones.
I have severe allergies and had no issue in these rooms with hardwood and tile floors. I loved the large windows that opened and kept the room well cooled. You could see right across into the apartments -- but very few people were at home.
I was also concerned about the distance to the sights but it was all very walkable and nice to have the National Museum of Scotland so close. All the walking was through what I considered "nice" areas. After long days of walking and sightseeing it was very nice to come back to the very comfortable RI.
Every single staff member was terrific, willing to help, had great suggestions and terrific attitudes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We're delighted to bring you the UK's first Residence Inn by Marriott offering you short and long stay Edinburgh accommodation. Set a pace that suits you at Residence Inn by Marriott. Whether you're with us for a few days, a few weeks, or a few months, your daily routine matters. Located in the heart of Edinburgh in the new Quartermile development you have it all at your fingertips with Edinburgh Castle, the Royal Mile, Holyrood Palace, Princes Street, the Meadows, the National Museum of Scotland and the Scottish Parliament all with in a few minutes walk. You'll thrive at Residence Inn with all the conveniences you need. Like spacious studio, superior studio and one bedroom suites with separate living, working, kitchen and sleeping areas. Complimentary grocery delivery service to fill your refrigerator and satisfy cravings. Complimentary internet for connecting to work and the outside world. Free hot breakfast to start mornings off right and evening social hours to end the day well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Agoda, Marriott, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity and HotelQuickly so you can book your Residence Inn Edinburgh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Edinburgh Hotel Edinburgh
- Residence Inn Edinburgh Scotland