I have just wrapped up a three-night stay at the Residence Inn Edinburgh.
For starters, having read many reviews, I e-mailed the GM in advance to request a lower floor to combat the heat complaints. Amazing, he e-mailed back in minutes (on a Sunday) and openly acknowledged that the complaints were fair that he would do his best to accommodate our request (low floor – which he did). For better or worse, the weather was absurdly cool for July (low 50s) so it was never an issue. That said, we were upgraded to a 1BR which was an idyllic "home base" for our long weekend.
The room itself was – as others have reported – exceptionally modern. Hardwood floors, Bosch kitchen appliances, two flatscreen televisions and excellent shower water pressure pretty much fulfills every reasonable checklist. The hotel staff was excellent and it felt much more like a small, private apart-hotel than a Marriott property (not a complaint at all). I will agree that the breakfast area was very busy during what felt like just about the whole breakfast window but no big deal.
The location in Edinburgh was perfect. It was ten minutes walk to the Royal Mile and Grassmarket, three minute stumble to the nearest pubs, one minute to Starbucks and Sainsbury's. Clearly the Quartermile area is continuing to be developed but for now, it's a pleasant little urban oasis.
This is a great property in a great location in a great city. I'd return without thinking twice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Residence Inn by Marriott Edinburgh offers short and long-stay accommodations in Edinburgh, Scotland. At our hotel, set a pace that suits you, whether you're with us for a few days, a few weeks, or a few months. Located in the heart of Edinburgh in the new Quartermile development, you have it all at your fingertips with Edinburgh Castle, the Royal Mile, Holyrood Palace, Princes Street, the Meadows, the National Museum of Scotland and the Scottish Parliament all with in a few minutes walk. You'll thrive at Residence Inn by Marriott Edinburgh with all the conveniences you need. Like spacious studio, superior studio and one bedroom suites with separate living, working, kitchen and sleeping areas. Complimentary grocery delivery service to fill your refrigerator and satisfy cravings. Complimentary internet for connecting to work and the outside world. Free hot breakfast to start mornings off right and evening social hours to end the day well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Residence Inn by Marriott Edinburgh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Edinburgh Hotel Edinburgh
- Residence Inn By Marriott Edinburgh Scotland