“Nearly there”
Review of No 32 Hotel

No 32 Hotel
Ranked #189 of 393 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 4, 2012

My girlfriend and I booked a room at the last minute for an event that we were attending. First impressions from the outside it looked smart and inviting. When we arrived at 12pm we recieved almost instant access to our room, nice touch as we arrived fairly early on in the day. With no free parking outside, the receptionist informed us of an area to park 10 mins walk away, not ideal after a long drive, however better than the £2 per hour outside alternative option.
The room was very nice, spacious and well decorated. Bathroom had no bath mat so extra care had to be taken when coming out of the shower. There was also no iron in the room, however when asked one was brought up, 20 mins or so after we received it we had a knock at the door from a member of staff, he pushed past me into the room to ask for the iron back without even waiting for acknoledgement to come in!
Breakfast the next morning was not too bad but nothing to write home about, cereals, fruit and juices were on offer to help yourself (quite basic) as well as the option to have a cooked breakfast. We had the cooked breakfast which was fine, and the waiter was keen to offer us extra tea and toast, a nice touch.
A few extras in the room would have made it unfaultable (such as mentioned earlier), a bit more of an exciting buffett would have went down well for breakfast.
As other reviews have mentioned its not a hotel as most would think of more of B and B, the lobby reception area is basically the only space and it also turns into the eating area for breakfast. However, if all you are looking for is a nice comfortable room, with over all friendly and helpful staff and a decent breakfast then give it a try.
Almost a very good establishment, nearly there!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for No 32 Hotel

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Michael is a very polite receptionist who is also very accommodating. I arrived early, but he checked me in anyway, gave me my keys, said he'd take my luggage to my room which let me start my Edinburgh adventure.
The room was modern and tastefully decorated, everything I needed, including a comfy bed, and spotlessly clean.
Breakfast was a little early for a Sunday, but flexible for my diet and all tasty.
You can walk to town, get a bus even a train one stop and soon a tram service will be available too. Close to the Airlink 100 bus stops for Haymarket.
Nearby local restaurants and a few other shops.
My room was on the second floor, so a few stairs, but there are other rooms available on the 1st flor or even in the sub-basement. Lovel tall ceilings and large windows make the place feel spacious and airy.

Room Tip: No lift, so consider rooms 1-4 or 9-12 for just one flight each way. Quiet road so not a noisy hotel...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Highlights: the staff were excellent, very friendly and accommodating. We arrived on a early flight into Edinburgh and they had no hesitation in letting us check in early. This meant that we started our holiday on a high. Our room was clean and the bed comfortable. Negatives: doesn't have any "hotel" facilities, the breakfast was poor and I felt it was overpriced for what it offers.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 1, 2012

My Husband and i booked this Hotel for our son's Wedding.We all arrived about the same time, we booked the 11 rooms. and from the outset we were made so welcome, buffet for 31 on friday night was bloody fantastic, the company was great and all commented on how fantastic the staff were! Ash was mingling with us all and everyone loved that, Moonish (?) was very helpful too. Michael was fantastic, as David says he done a bit of everything. i find some comments previous very petty, what more do you actually want, we could not have stayed at a better hotel than this, even offering to go and get take out food on sat night after the wedding, how many places offer this, i would rather go and stay in a place like this than stay in some fancy, Hotel where the staff cant be bothered to even smile at you.. give me this little Hotel any day... everyone who came to visit loved it.. rooms are fantastic. Erin stayed in room 12 and not 1 bit of dust in there. we will back along with others.. keep up the fantastic work and really look forward to our girly return in March..

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Firstly don't believe below, it does have a bar, that's the thing with all the drink in it!! Lounge and reception also present. Breakfast was full of options and tasted great! (I should know my job is to specialise in food quality) the staff were brilliant, attentive, chatty, helpful, and even gave us a few tips when we said we wanted to do a few things during the day. We couldn't have asked for more. The rooms were very clean, and as a ex chalet manager I always spot dirt, but there was none to see in these rooms. Rooms are modern and comfy. The peace and yet being so far into Edinburgh was great. Already looking into a December vacation in this hotel to attend the German market in town. Can't wait!!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 24, 2012

First off, don't get all hung up about this not being a hotel; it's just a name. I attended the same wedding as Erin192 and from the first moment we arrived to the moment we left we were looked after like VIP's by the staff there, in particular Michael who appeared to run the bar, be head porter, chief waiter and nightwatchman all rolled into one. Nothing was too much trouble for him and it really did help to make us feel that wee bit more special that weekend. The rooms are first rate and clean and the location is close enough to the town centre to walk but far enough away to be quiet for those seeking a bit of peace, the comment regarding the cobbled road noise, whilst valid, could easily be said of any of a number of roads in the capital. If you are wanting an enjoyable stay with a friendly staff then this is the place for you and I could not recommend it highly enough, so much so that we are already looking to go back in the New Year.

Room Tip: For those who are a bit put off by the comments regarding the noise from the cobbles ask for a room...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 23, 2012

My sister and brother in law hired out
The whole hotel as it was their son's wedding, and we all wanted to be together.
The rooms are all gorgeous and very
clean.. The staff would do anything to help, and were very friendly..
The owner's put on a Indian buffet for us all on the Friday, the food was amazing..
Breakfast was very good and plenty options..
Princess street is about a 20 minute walk from the hotel.. And there is plenty places to eat and see on the way..
Overall it is a FAB hotel and we are booking again in March for my soon to be sis in law's hen do..
Can't wait to go back.