“Utterly abysmal - at your own risk”
Review of No 32 Hotel

No 32 Hotel
Ranked #167 of 395 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Had to stay in Edinburgh for business. Arrived late (10:30pm) and was asked to pay up front for the 3 nights stay, the receptionist was unhelpful and acknowledgeable about the hotel he was working for and basically couldn't care less about me and my guest. We were given a basement room with no windows, dirty linen and bathroom, and the whole room smelled of damp. As this was NOT the standard of room advertised on expedia which is where I booked it and thus expecting, I went back to reception to ask for another room, apparently the other rooms were flooded due to a plumbing problem and so they could not accommodate me in another room. So I decided that I needed to find alternative accommodation. When I asked the receptionist for a refund he refused and said that I had to take what he was offering and that it was a basic double that I had booked. As a customer, I had ever right to ask for a refund and not accept the substandard room at £110 per night! The arguing continued until midnight when at which point I left to find another hotel. The owner/manager of the hotel was unreachable for 2 days straight. I contacted Expedia to cancel the booking and get a refund which was agreed with the hotel, however I am still waiting for my money to be returned. Bunch of fraudsters - stay at your own risk!! I would not recommend this hotel to anyone not even my worst enemy! This was one of the most frustrating awful experiences I have ever had the displeasure of being involved with.

Room Tip: Do not stay here under any circumstances
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank anonymousuk101

Reviewed June 12, 2012

We tried to stay at this hotel but unfortuantly our room was flooded - Munish & Michael were super helpful and managed to get us in to another hotel just down the road! As we were travelling with a child it was a relief to have such help. The hotel we stayed at only served continental breakfast - so we were kindly offered breakfast at No 32 for free!
The breakfast was lovely and though we only went into the lounge area the hotel seemed to be of a very high standard.
Michael was extremely helpful suggesting a brilliant place to eat (Zizzi)
The guys were fab - and we loved our Edinburgh weekend - will certainly try and go again!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 1, 2012

We enjoyed every minute of our two short stays at this charming boutique hotel. Our young host was welcoming and went out of his way to help us with other travel plans. The location - especially in terms of airport transportation and trains - was excellent. Our rooms were spotlessly clean and comfortable and breakfast was delicious. This small hotel combines the personal feel of a bed and breakfast with the privacy and comfort of a hotel. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

Decided last minute to stay another night in Edinburgh having previously spent night in rubbish hotel we were Over the moon this one had rooms. Our room
Was small but had everything we needed you can see the extras these guys have put in to make the hotel lovely....duvet to die for. They will soon have bar up n running which will make things loads better. Only thing that wasn't brilliant was breakfast but for the price we paid for room can't really complain will defo be back

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed May 15, 2012

We arrived at the hotel very early for check in at 9.30am but the owner and manger were very welcoming and agreed to lock up all of our bags (12 people!) for our day away. Prior to organising the trip, we contacted the owner, who was very helpful in also suggesting other places in Edinburgh that may be of interest- he even offered to book us booths in local bars, definitely going the extra mile.
Extra catering was arranged as we would not have a lot of time, the manager was very efficient and had been on duty all day, however maintained a professional service throughout the entire evening and provided table service for our buffet which was unexpected but nice.
The rooms were very tastefully decorated, and it was clear that the owner had put a lot of thought into who to place in which room (the hen got the best room! Room 3) but we had room 6 which was also stunning. The place was immaculate with heated towel rails, fully working tv and bright, open windows which let in plenty sunlight. Tea and coffee was provided in the room- although biscuits would have been nice!! Just a minor suggestion!
We had no problem getting in and out the hotel- even very late after a wild night in Edinburgh!
Breakfast was cooked to order served with a smile by the manager himself- couldn't have been easy when all 12 of us appeared at the same time! However the breakfast was of a high standard, served quickly and tasted delicious. Great cure for a hefty hangover!!

Overall it was a fantastic weekend and we cannot extend our thanks enough to the Owner and Manager and any other staff. We would definitely return to stay at the hotel and would recommend it to any other visitors!

Room Tip: Choose Room 2,3,6 or 7
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank TopCreep
Reviewed May 8, 2012

I recently stayed in No.32 hotel with my partner for a long weekend away and it was honestly the best weekend away we have had in a VERY LONG TIME!!! We arrived at the hotel around the check in time and where greeted by to lovely young gentleman who seemed to take great pride in there enviroment and jobs, they where very helpful in showing us the popular places to eat and drink and the best tourists attractions edinburgh had to offer. We stayed in room 7 which is known as a delux double, and delux it was, it was fantastic! It was exceptionally clean, the interior was beautiful and it had all the necessitys and more that you would expect for a short or long stay including a huge tv, which my husband thuroughly enjoyed. This was just perfect after a long day seeing the sites.
Every morning we had the cooked breakfast which was on offer and this is just what you needed to kick start your day.
Over all i can't think of any faults in this hotel it was modern, clean, friendly and quirky. The only thing i would say is we should have stayed longer and will definitely be returning when the bar is up and running. We look forward to seeing you in the New Year Michael and Munish thank you for a truely great stay, and keep up the good work.

Room Tip: Go for a double delux. Fantastic
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank holly g
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Great stay at this beautifull and clean hotel. Great room with nice big comfy bed and enough space for a babybed. Nice staff, friendly and good service. Was here with 2 plus a 8,5 month old baby.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family