“Better than I thought following below”
Review of Aspen Bar and Grill - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Aspen Bar and Grill
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Old Town
Description: Amazing fresh cooked food from scratch, and the staff are very friendly, especially David who is an assest to the business.
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Having groupon vouchers I was apprehensive, but after an iffy welcome, and only the choice of Sol to drink, the young guy who served us was attentive and the food was good and well presented, though the burger choice is reduced, the venison was good, though being told that we could have any burger except the beef one, was delivered in such a deadpan manner we actually laughed out loud.

Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

Went here because the Brass Monkey was packed and I wish we hadn't. Very slow service. Card machine not working so I had to run to a cash machine.

Food took ages to come. I ordered the venison burger and chips. Burger was ok, but the chips were cold. I was so hungry I just ate it, because I didn't want to have to wait for more to come.

I had also asked for a tap water which never showed.

My friend ordered potato wedges. When the food arrived there were no sign of the wedges, and when we asked the bartender said "Oh yea meant to say we are out of them so I brought up chips instead" When we pointed out that we had paid for wedges which cost more than the chips he said he would refund us the difference. We never got it. He disappeared, and later when we were leaving I asked another bartender about it and he went red and mumbled "Oh I don't know where he is" and ran away from us.

The place was empty on a Friday night. Now I know why.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

We used our Groupon voucher which was accepted without any problems albeit we were unable to book because the phones to the restaurant don't work! The lady who served us was great and really looked after our six year old daughter. I am not sure the voucher was such a great deal...the burgers are only 7 pounds anyway...It worked out that the drink was free...but the food was excellent albeit a bit more limited than the voucher would suggest. Recommended

1  Thank adimac
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

We bought a groupon deal for burger and a beer for 2 the resson we bought the deal was the different kinds of meat that were on offer it was s chance to try something different. I was unable to book a table as I could find a phone no so tried using the contact us tab on the website but never got a reply. We went anyway as it was part of our plans for our day out in Edinburgh. We got a table no problem and the groupon voucher was accepted without any hassle. It was only beef/chicken or venison burgers (the deal said a lot more) we just went for the beef burger and the plateful we got was unbelievable we never ate for the rest of the day. I would definitely go back here for a Saturday afternoon the place was quiet only another 2 couples in at the time we visited.

1  Thank Csp142
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Nice place, friendly staff, and relaxed atmosphere, The steaks well worth a try as I've had steaks as good but never better.