This Hotel has taken some criticism, unwarranted in my view. Other travellers has stated its too far from anything, not so, a 15 min walk to the City centre, a 20 minute walk to the Britannia loads of good eateries around. The Hotel run by a laid back pleasant couple , Heather and David. The rooms presentable and functional. Enough breakfast to keep you going to your evening meal, what more could you ask for. Oh yeah a bus service outside the door if you don't fancy the walk, £3 buys you a day ticket.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Offering modern rooms with free Wi-Fi and flat-screen TVs, this boutique bed and breakfast is placed 1 mile from Princes Street and 1 mile from Edinburgh's popular shore area. Built in 1850, Capital Residence is a Grade B listed town house. An iPod dock, safe and a selection of teas, coffee and sweet treats are featured in every room. Sleek bathrooms all have luxury toiletries, fluffy bathrobes, a hairdryer and GHD hair straighteners. Guests can choose from a range of breakfast options including freshly made full Scottish breakfasts and Scottish smoked salmon. For evening dining, there are restaurants and bars within a 5-minute walk. Set 0.5 miles from Edinburgh’s New Town, the building still displays many of its original features. Capital Residence is just over a mile from the Royal Botanic Gardens and Edinburgh’s dockside area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Capital Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Capital Residence Hotel Edinburgh
- Capital Residence Edinburgh, Scotland