Well where do i start. This is long but PLEASE READ if your thinking of staying here!!
Booked this months ago as me and my boyfriend were doing The Edinburgh Marathon. David knew this as i talked to him for a while when i booked and he said it was prime location for the marathon as the start was close by. So we booked a family room to sleep me and my boyfriend and my mum and dad.
I emailed this week to confirm our booking. I got a response saying everything was fine. Arrived Saturday 26th at 11.30am to an empty reception area. 30mins before David arrived who said "im just going to The Maple Leaf" which is the next B&B up. Quintin came in introduced himself as one of Davids managers. He said we could not stay in the family suit as there was a crack in the ceiling and it was unsafe (we think they double booked) He took us 5 mins round the corner to an apartment he said we could stay in. Dont get me wrong to say this was in a homeless block the apartment was ok. He said we could have 2 apartments to fit us all in. No bedding or towels were ready but Quintin assured us when we got back from sight seeing keys for both apartments would be ready for us to at Capital Residence.
Arrived back to Capital Residence at 5.45pm where we met Heather (Davids mum) Think she was half asleep when we arrived. She didnt know where the keys were and yet again we waited and waited while she found them. She said the keys opened both apartments and everything would be ready she said if its not ring me or come back and ill help you.
Guess what got to the apartment and it only opened the 1 bedroom apartment. No bedding, No towels, TV not working, No glasses basically an empty apartment and only 1 bedroom for 4 of us. Went back round to Capital Residence to find Heather had gone. She had locked the dining room and kitchen up. Tried ringing David to explain we were left with nothing and what should we do. Only he didnt answer and never rang me back and still hasnt rang me back to this day. Went to The Maple Leaf they said Quintin had gone home for the night. Again asked what we should do. At 8.30pm someone rang me from Maple Leaf saying they had the key for the other apartment. And that someone had dropped it off. Which clearly was a lie as we were stood outside all that time and no one came to that place.
At this point i was very upset and felt let down by everyone at Capital Residence we were doing the marathon the next morning and they clearly didnt care what happened to us.
We still went round for breakfast Sunday morning and Monday morning not one apology, Nothing at all was said. It was like it never happened. Then on Monday Emma had the cheek to ask which one was Becky i said me. She asked what time we were going back to check out. CHECK OUT we never checked in for gods sake.
All i can say is DONT stay yes it looks nice and breakfast was good but the people that run it clearly dont care.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Offering modern rooms with free Wi-Fi and flat-screen TVs, this boutique bed and breakfast is placed 1 mile from Princes Street and 1 mile from Edinburgh's popular shore area. Built in 1850, Capital Residence is a Grade B listed town house. An iPod dock, safe and a selection of teas, coffee and sweet treats are featured in every room. Sleek bathrooms all have luxury toiletries, fluffy bathrobes, a hairdryer and GHD hair straighteners. Guests can choose from a range of breakfast options including freshly made full Scottish breakfasts and Scottish smoked salmon. For evening dining, there are restaurants and bars within a 5-minute walk. Set 0.5 miles from Edinburgh’s New Town, the building still displays many of its original features. Capital Residence is just over a mile from the Royal Botanic Gardens and Edinburgh’s dockside area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Capital Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Capital Residence Hotel Edinburgh
- Capital Residence Edinburgh, Scotland