From the moment we walked through the door we were made to feel at home, We were greeted by the David (Owner) who couldn't have been more helpful, offering to carry our bags to our room where we were offered the advertised GHD straighteners, bath robes and other comforts. Our room included everything we were promised to make the stay comfortable and enjoyable, tv, iPod dock, kettle, hair drier, not to mention the most comfortable bed we've ever slept in! Once settled we wanted to explore the surrounding areas and again David couldn't be faulted, providing expert knowledge and advice on firstly how to get into the city, not too far to walk or take the bus a fantastic location, and recommendations on a number of places to go whilst there, places to eat and drink as well as tourist sights to see, both within the city and further towards the coast. Following the fantastic nights sleep we went for breakfast which was delicious, the variety on offer was tremendous, with ample fresh coffee and a great cooked breakfast, following various cold breakfast foods served by Emma who was equally as helpful and friendly as David. We stayed for 4 nights and would quite happily go back again and have already recommended the hotel to several of our friends and family. All in all a brilliant stay in a fantastic hotel all at a very reasonable price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Offering modern rooms with free Wi-Fi and flat-screen TVs, this boutique bed and breakfast is placed 1 mile from Princes Street and 1 mile from Edinburgh's popular shore area. Built in 1850, Capital Residence is a Grade B listed town house. An iPod dock, safe and a selection of teas, coffee and sweet treats are featured in every room. Sleek bathrooms all have luxury toiletries, fluffy bathrobes, a hairdryer and GHD hair straighteners. Guests can choose from a range of breakfast options including freshly made full Scottish breakfasts and Scottish smoked salmon. For evening dining, there are restaurants and bars within a 5-minute walk. Set 0.5 miles from Edinburgh’s New Town, the building still displays many of its original features. Capital Residence is just over a mile from the Royal Botanic Gardens and Edinburgh’s dockside area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Capital Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Capital Residence Hotel Edinburgh
- Capital Residence Edinburgh, Scotland