We stayed one night via a booking with booking.com. Unlike many of the other reviews we had no problems with our booking. The hotel looked a little tired on the outside but once in our room (downstairs) we were more than pleased. Great bed, bathroom facilities, TV and iphone dock.Very clean and fresh decor. Street parking across from the hotel was a bonus. Quiet area with bars, supermarkets and a pharmacy near by. Walking distance to Edinburgh and reasonable cost for a taxi after midnight. Breakfast was good for the price. Would revisit and recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Offering modern rooms with free Wi-Fi and flat-screen TVs, this boutique bed and breakfast is placed 1 mile from Princes Street and 1 mile from Edinburgh's popular shore area. Built in 1850, Capital Residence is a Grade B listed town house. An iPod dock, safe and a selection of teas, coffee and sweet treats are featured in every room. Sleek bathrooms all have luxury toiletries, fluffy bathrobes, a hairdryer and GHD hair straighteners. Guests can choose from a range of breakfast options including freshly made full Scottish breakfasts and Scottish smoked salmon. For evening dining, there are restaurants and bars within a 5-minute walk. Set 0.5 miles from Edinburgh’s New Town, the building still displays many of its original features. Capital Residence is just over a mile from the Royal Botanic Gardens and Edinburgh’s dockside area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Capital Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Capital Residence Hotel Edinburgh
- Capital Residence Edinburgh, Scotland