“went on a recommenation not disappointed!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Red Squirrel
Ranked #191 of 2,437 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Scottish
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: West End
Description: http://www.theedinburghblog.co.uk/eating-out/lothian-roads-red-squirrel-bar/06-05-2011/index.html
Southampton, United Kingdom
“went on a recommenation not disappointed!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

We went there on our first night in Edinburgh following a recommendation for the food and beer-not disappointed great burgers and beer.We went back for breakfast -i had the red squirrel breakfast-it was great.Nice friendly staff-would go back.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Family meal”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

It was my sons birthday and previously we had wonderful food at the place so I took my family and their partners for a meal and drinks.
I raved about the nachos, sweet potato fries and halloumi burgers!
No sweet potato fries or chunky fries left, the nachos were black, burnt, eventually removed from our table and replaced with poor ones unmelted cheese etc, the halloumi salad I had was a disgrace, a pile of lettuce( lumps un cut) and some rock hard frozen cold tough halloumi on top. I was so embarrassed that I took my group there. It is appalling as its food they serve, so at least make it edible and in stock. What a waste of money, and spoilt a family gathering.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Shev_13
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Good, honest burgers. What more can a man ask for?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

Visited Red Squirrel a few times now. Their gourmet burgers are fantastic! Tried both the spiced lamb and pork and chorizo - the latter being particularly delicious. Also really enjoyed the red cabbage coleslaw that comes with the burgers. At £10 a burger it might seem a wee bit pricey but I do believe you get what you pay for, and the food is not only tasty but fresh. My only complaint is on my third visit I decided to be disloyal and try something other a burger - I went for the chilli con carne which unfortunately was a little bland but wasn't the worst meal I've ever had.

• Visited June 2013
“Worlds Friendliest Bouncer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

Popped in here for a few drinks last weekend with a friend, great atmosphere and cracking beer selection, to top it all off the worlds friendliest bouncer!

Visited September 2013
North Queensferry, United Kingdom
“Dissapointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

Went to the Red Squirrel on Saturday night for my Hen night with 4 other girls, 2 of us decided to have the sirloin steaks .... bad idea they came served on a wooden "plate" which obviously takes the heat straight away from the steaks , sent them back as they were cold only to get them back luke warm again, was not impressed. Probably would have been better with some sauce and would have ordered sauce but was not given the opportunity, the waitress was gone before we had the chance. Steaks were not a good choice, however I have to say that the 2 burgers and the Macaroni Cheese that were ordered went down well with the girls. Will not be back in a hurry, and a dissapointment for me was really looking forward to my steak!

• 2 of 5 bubbles