“Fantastic pub food.”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Stockbridge & Dean Village
Reviewed July 17, 2014

I've just returned from Edinburgh for a weeks holiday with my Husband an Mum. We stumbled upon this pub on our first night and so glad we did. We ate there four times and the food was so good. Home cooked, fresh, huge portions and really tasty. The service was superb and all the staff were so friendly; nothing was too much trouble. A special thanks to the Irish girl from Limerick called Olwyn (apologies if I've spelt your name wrong) she should get a medal for 'waitress of the year' - she couldn't have been nicer. Our last night Tuesday 15th July was extra fun because Tuesday nights are Quiz night with the very eccentirc Dave. The pub was full of regulars and a fun time was had by all! Overall I can't rate this pub high enough and although the food was great the Bailie still retained the traditional pub atmosphere with many regulars sitting up on the high stools. Superb!!!!!!!!!

1  Thank Rebecca M
There are newer reviews for Bailie Bar

Reviewed July 10, 2014

Popped in here with my nephew twice last evening for drinks both before and after a lovely meal in a nearby restaurant. Drinks were reasonable and the service was very prompt. However, the place was packed out with both locals and visitors alike watching World Cup football on the big screens so we didn't stay long as neither of us follow football - and the noise was getting us down. Folks were even standing around at the entrance!

I've been in this pub many times before with friends and it's both comfortable, welcoming and very spacious. They also do very wholesome pub grub if you're looking for a good value meal. However, I cannot comment on the quality of the food as I have never eaten here, but the platefuls I saw looked most tempting and appetising. Would have no hesitation in eating here but it always seems to be a trysting place before I'm going on somewhere else!

However, come the Edinburgh Fringe/Festival next month when the city centre is swarming with visitors, this venue presents a wonderful escape route!

Well recommended and well worth a visit.

2  Thank MadamZsaZsa
Reviewed June 1, 2014

On a recent trip to Scotland, our AirBNB host suggested we eat at Bailies. We weren't disappointed. Not only did it have a wonderful atmosphere, filled with dark colors, lovely booths, and a lot of local flavor, but it was also filled with many patrons who seemed to be enjoying themselves. We ate great pub food including fish and chips that were wonderfully prepared and a lentil and bacon soup that was hot and hearty! The beer list was long so we asked our waitress to make a suggestion based on our tastes.
If we lived closer, we'd be regulars!

1  Thank 613Barb
Reviewed April 21, 2014

If in the Princes Street area, definitely worth dropping for excellent traditional and other meal specialties.

1  Thank Jerry102DE
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Great place to stop off for a pint! Vibrant bar that offers secluded areas to have a quiet chat and a few drinks.

1  Thank Sam T