- Cheap place to stay which is only 5 mins walk for the Haymarket Train station
- Close to attractions like Edinburgh castle, about 15mins walk
- En-suite bathroom with air-conditioning
- No wifi, even if you want to pay for it. Even though the hotel website claims that wifi is available at a fee, there is in fact, no wifi available even if you want to pay for it. They simply do not have wireless internet, period. But, you can opt to use the LAN cable and pay for connection on your PC.This is a big inconvenience for travelers using smartphones or Ipad.
- Terrible bed. Having traveled around Europe for 2 months, this is probably the worst bed i had of all the places i stayed, i could feel the spring of the mattress against my bones as i lay on the bed. It was almost as if they draped a piece of cloth over the springs and called it a bed.
- Loud slamming doors. This, i can't blame the hotel, it was the inconsiderate guests who seem to think that it's perfectly alright to slam their door in the wee hours of the morning because if they're awake, everyone else is awake too.
- Weird housekeeping. They empty the bin but do not replace the plastic lining in the bin. Fold the bathroom mat and place it near the shower area but did make the bed. It's like the housekeeper forgot that there's a bedroom attached to the bathroom.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your CityLivein Grove Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- CityLivein Grove Street Edinburgh, Scotland