“" Starving"”

Circus
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Old Town
Description: Friendly neighbourhood Bistro in the centre of Edinburgh Old Town, with a family orientated feel. Encompassing Turkish, Mediterranean and Scottish cuisine serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Come and enjoy our courtyard garden, perfect for sitting out in on a lovely day.
Reviewed July 11, 2014

The food was badly cooked. The egg was burnt and did not have any yolk in it. The bacon was overdone and everything was greasy. If we had not been really hungry we would have left and found anothe place to eat. For the price I would give this place a wide berth. There are plenty more places to eat

1  Thank Botica1526

Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

It was here I first saw sun in Edinburgh and was sitting in this beautiful court yard to enjoy it. The coffee was great!! The meal was cheap, tasty and a generous serving. A perfect place for a nice lunch ☺️

1  Thank Courtney D
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Was wanting to try somewhere different for lunch today with my Mum so we found ourselves at Circus.
What a joke the place is!!!
Staff didn't seem to know who was supposed to be doing what, there didn't appear to be anyone supervising and quite frankly they all seemed inexperienced.
Severe lack of atmosphere, music was way too loud, food was overpriced, overcooked and tasteless and despite telling the waitress twice that we didn't want salad with our meals, guess what?!!! (It also looked as though it had been scraped off someone elses leftovers several days previously!!!), food was brought to the table then we had to wait for cutlery to be brought over!
Wasn't overly impressed with the cleanliness of the disabled toilet either, especially disliked that they keep the childrens high chairs in there!!! Niiiiice!!!
No apology was offered when my Mum complained...quick enough to take our money though!
Will most definitely NOT be back!!!

3  Thank Trudy T
Reviewed July 9, 2014

The service was a little confusing (a blend of counter service and table service), but the food was excellent. I tried a dish I'd never had (massuka, I think it was?) and loved it! Bread was delicious as well.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Found this little bistro after checking out of our hotel and were looking for somewhere to have some brunch. On entering I just loved the decor and quickly spotted the outdoor area, it was just gorgous and hard to believe you are still in Edinburgh City Centre. The food was delicious and reasonably priced and presented well. The staff were friendly and had the nicest atmosphere. Will definitely return on my next Edinburgh trip and will be recommending to friends and family.