“Great cafe!”
Review of Circus - CLOSED

Circus
Cuisines: Turkish, Scottish
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Old Town
Description: Friendly neighbourhood Bistro in the centre of Edinburgh Old Town, with a family orientated feel. Encompassing Turkish, Mediterranean and Scottish cuisine serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Come and enjoy our courtyard garden, perfect for sitting out in on a lovely day.
“Great cafe!”
Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

It was here I first saw sun in Edinburgh and was sitting in this beautiful court yard to enjoy it. The coffee was great!! The meal was cheap, tasty and a generous serving. A perfect place for a nice lunch ☺️

1 Thank Courtney D

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“You couldn't pay me to go there again!!!”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Was wanting to try somewhere different for lunch today with my Mum so we found ourselves at Circus.
What a joke the place is!!!
Staff didn't seem to know who was supposed to be doing what, there didn't appear to be anyone supervising and quite frankly they all seemed inexperienced.
Severe lack of atmosphere, music was way too loud, food was overpriced, overcooked and tasteless and despite telling the waitress twice that we didn't want salad with our meals, guess what?!!! (It also looked as though it had been scraped off someone elses leftovers several days previously!!!), food was brought to the table then we had to wait for cutlery to be brought over!
Wasn't overly impressed with the cleanliness of the disabled toilet either, especially disliked that they keep the childrens high chairs in there!!! Niiiiice!!!
No apology was offered when my Mum complained...quick enough to take our money though!
Will most definitely NOT be back!!!

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank Trudy T
Hickory, North Carolina
“Delicious and very large portions!”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

The service was a little confusing (a blend of counter service and table service), but the food was excellent. I tried a dish I'd never had (massuka, I think it was?) and loved it! Bread was delicious as well.

Visited July 2014
“Excellent quirky little find”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Found this little bistro after checking out of our hotel and were looking for somewhere to have some brunch. On entering I just loved the decor and quickly spotted the outdoor area, it was just gorgous and hard to believe you are still in Edinburgh City Centre. The food was delicious and reasonably priced and presented well. The staff were friendly and had the nicest atmosphere. Will definitely return on my next Edinburgh trip and will be recommending to friends and family.

Visited June 2014
Rugby
“lovely courtyard for a drink”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

I was all ready to give this three stars - they served me a breakfast poached egg where the yolk was hard and the white was runny, which takes some doing - and then I came back in the evening for a drink in the courtyard, and it was lovely, and everyone else's food looked fine (sorry if you remember me staring at your plate), so I revised my opinion upwards.

Visited June 2014