“Not the right place for us”
Review of Opium Nightclub

Opium Nightclub
Ranked #78 of 213 Nightlife in Edinburgh
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Dark, smelly, sticky and angry. Those are the words I would use to define it.
There was also a few complete mental people in there as well.
Heavy metal, hard rock and that kind of music.
ID required and free entrance.
I believe that Opium just wasn't for us.

There are newer reviews for Opium Nightclub

Reviewed July 13, 2013

If you like dirty, sticky, smelly, dark and trashy places with broken toilets, no hand wash and poor facilities.... then this place is for you !

Reminds me of The Palace or Moshulu in Aberdeen. For the darker mind I suppose this place is just right - grimy and angry.

Staff were really cool though. Customers are pretty moody and ever so in pain - just look at their faces, I can't help but think that a miserable face is a fashion statement in this place.

They serve Buckfast mmm - I like this.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

On a stag night in Edinburgh we found our way in to Opium. It was the perfect area to wind down after a really heavy last few places. Good music and good prices. It wasn't too busy and we were able to get a few drinks in with out waiting for eternity at the bar.
The back room contained a fuseball table, punch machine and pool table. We spent a good hour enjoying the music and competing against each other.
People in there were friendly and the atmosphere was great. Will go back there next time I am in Edinburgh.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

I can't complain, opium has to be the best club for me and I'm sure my friends will say the same. Tuesdays is defo a gd night to attend and Sundays to as its got gd friendly people always coming in and out. As I have been going to this club many times and catching up with old and new people's.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Sadly by the time we arroved at Opium only 3 of my stag revellers were left. I love this place as it plays cracking music (been here on 2 other visits to Edinburgh). It was unsurprisingly quiet on a Sunday night but I still danced about like a loon and has a great time.