“No complaint”
Review of Opium Nightclub

Opium Nightclub
Ranked #76 of 213 Nightlife in Edinburgh
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I can't complain, opium has to be the best club for me and I'm sure my friends will say the same. Tuesdays is defo a gd night to attend and Sundays to as its got gd friendly people always coming in and out. As I have been going to this club many times and catching up with old and new people's.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Sadly by the time we arroved at Opium only 3 of my stag revellers were left. I love this place as it plays cracking music (been here on 2 other visits to Edinburgh). It was unsurprisingly quiet on a Sunday night but I still danced about like a loon and has a great time.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

It is usually open quite late so it makes for an intersting stop on a night out. the only thing I would watch out for are the bar tenders, we sat at the bar and noticed some interesting things happen, like half shots and wrong change and taking away drinks before they were emptied. Maybe it is to cut costs I don't know, just watch them make your drink!

1  Thank MelanieJA
Reviewed September 2, 2012

The only reason to go Opium is because it is a really cheap night. However, the place tends to smell of stale alcohol or vomit. You have to try and not put your belongings on any surface in the club otherwise it will come back sticky and dirty. Some of the bar staff ar lovely however most are rude and cant seem to handle the pressure when the place is busy and service quality plummets. Many of the bouncers are rude and are often on power trips, I have seen them being rude to customers and are judgemental as to who they allow in. This place should be avoided, spend a little more money to have a great night elsewhere!

1  Thank duckee01
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Playing rock 'n' roll, metal, goth and industrial music, Opium is where I thrive at night. A two-level club with each floor catering to a different subculture, each night has something different including karaoke on Mondays! Perfect for travellers on a budget, entry is free and the drink prices are always low, especially during the week with £1 spirits. Fitting and appealing decor, the atmosphere is fun and friendly. The establishment is well kept and surprisingly clean - especially the toilets!

1  Thank BigCatUnit