Holiday Inn Edinburgh
$205
$299
$281
2,428 results
All reviewscity centrecool jadepentland hillsswimming poolexecutive roomleisure facilitiestrouser pressday ticketbus stop rightreception stafffamily roomsofa bedbuffet stylebus servicestayed here for one nighttea and coffeehaggis
Reviewed October 13, 2009

Booked into hotel by a lovely friendly receptionist room was clean .Staff were very friendly towards my children. We went for one night zoo package and would definitely recommend this as it was value for money especially the breakfast which set you up for the day.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2009

Our stay in The Holiday Inn was a great experience. We had one slight problem on the 1st night but the hotel have since sorted it, and we would be more than happy to stay there again. The hotels location is great for Murrayfield, the ice rink/rugby stadium is only a 15-20 min walk away. We didn't eat the hotel as its quite pricey, but there are restaurants/take aways within walking distance in either direction. Great for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Overall we really enjoyed our stay and would recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2009

I might have given this hotel 3 stars if it was just an individual hotel, but this place is a Holiday Inn and does not meet the Holiday Inn standard that I, and many others, expect. We stayed as part of a Trafalgar Tours group.

The Holiday Inn Edinburgh must be one of the oldest Holiday Inn properties in the country. The hotel has had some minor facelifts, especially to the public areas, but the rooms are still quite old. The only part of the room that was relatively new was the beds, but other fittings were showing their age. The room was not as small as other reviewers have made it out to be.

The location of the Holiday Inn is not good for those who want to go sightseeing in Edinburgh, as it is about 15 minutes by car. However there is a bus stop outside and the hotel knows that this is important to tourists, so they provide timetables and things at reception.

The hotel has an Asian restaurant called Sampans and the other restaurant is called Traders. Both were ridiculously overpriced, but breakfast was included. There was nothing particularly special and the juice selection was particularly mediocre. They were also having huge trouble with queues. The managing staff stepped in, took peoples plates and served for them from the inside, just to speed things up. Perhaps a second buffet line would be useful? The hotel also had a room service menu. It was not too interesting and quite overpriced.

There are some computers in the lobby for internet access (at a charge) and I think there were paid ethernet connections in the room. there was no Wi-Fi in the rooms, and I don't think they had it in the public areas either.

The lobby area was a bit of a mess and was not very welcoming. The hotel only has in-room safes in a small room off the lobby, which was surprising for a Holiday Inn hotel. The front desk staff were quite unprofessional from what we experienced, especially when one of the desk staff decided to come and watch us set up the code to our safe.

I think that the Holiday Inn Edinburgh is nothing special, and for the price you would be able to secure accommodation of a much higher standard. Nothing stands out in my mind that would make me want to return to the hotel, which I believe is important for travellers to know. I would not consider returning to the Holiday Inn Edinburgh until some renovations have been done.

• Stayed: July 2009
1  Thank Stephen R
Reviewed September 25, 2009

I stayed in this hotel as a part of a Trafalgar Tour group in August. The room I stayed in was the size of a broom closet. The health and safety of the customer was totally disregarded. The furniture was arranged in a way that you practically almost trip over them. My suitcase was brought up into the room and I could not fit the suitcase in the room so that I can open it without tripping over it. Due to that, I went to the reception. asked for a larger room and was treated in a condescending manner and told coldly in an imperious manner that they will not supply me a larger room but the porter will visit my room to fix the issue. When the porter arrived, he remarked that he was getting very angry at all these requests and rearranged the furniture. I found that comment rather derogatory. Besides that ,I had an issue with my drycleaning. As I had some clothes to be drycleaned, I rang the laundry section of the hotel for information on the prices of drycleaning only to be told that's not their job. So I rang reception who told me to bring my drycleaning to them. I did that but they did not supply me with an invoice for my drycleaning so I went back to reception and requested they supplied me with an invoice of my drycleaning items. Issued resolved. However when I went to collect my drycleaning the next evening, an extra man's tshirt was presented together with my drycleaning. I explained to the receptionist that I am by myself and that man's tshirt is not mine . He however kept asking me to pay for it even though I showed him the invoice that I only had 3 items for drycleaning and a man's tshirt is not on that invoice. Due to that, I demanded to speak to a manager. That manager was the only person who behaved professionally in that whole team. I explained to him the situation, showed him the invoice and he told that receptionist to only charge me for the items on the invoice. All these left a bad taste in my mouth considering that those issues have not appeared in any of the hotels I stayed in during my whole trip. The manner of the staff except for that manager and the restaurant staff were very rude and condescending.I will not recommend this hotel to any of my enemies let alone my friends.

• Stayed: August 2009
1  Thank fifi188853
Reviewed September 24, 2009

Arrived 9.00 in morning by airport bus which stops immediately outside. Friendly receptionist invited us to wait in coffee lounge for half an hour until our room was quickly prepared (check-in usually 3pm). Room was good size, comfortable bed, clean and bathroom small but sparkling. Ate in-house in Sampans (Oriental) & Traders restaurants on consecutive nights - both were good quality and not cheap but not overpriced. Breakfast was excellent. The hotel shares an entrance with Edinburgh Zoo.
Our second 2 night visit gave us a similar welcome although later in the day. Receptionist advised us on how to see the end of festival fireworks in the city. The room this time was much larger with sofa but equally clean and comfortable and with an extra-wide bed. The hotel has a good gym which we did not use and a pool which we did. Pool has 4 lanes but is not over-large, adequate however. The staff are extremely friendly. We had Sunday roast on the first night which was not over-exciting but not bad enough to complain. On the second night we ate again in Sampans and it was excellent, especially the toffee-apple dessert.
We would definitely stay here again - although a little out of town on the airport road there is a frequent bus service (£3 for all-day travel) and it also has a very large car park which we used on the second visit. There is a good atmosphere in the hotel, quite a buzz. Good access to Forth Bridge & East Coast.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple