Ok, so me and my partner stay away a lot, we've tried many different hotels at different prices along the way. Now this was my first experience of a Holiday Inn, they aren't the cheapest hotels, nor are they the most expensive either. I have to say from check in until check out, I was not let down once and my expectations were surpassed.
Check in was cheerful, friendly and quick even with people coming in at the same time, the staff prioritize you rather than staring at a computer or taking a call. MASSIVE brownie points here. We also asked a lot of questions about local places / bus routes all sorts to be frank and they were so helpful, not to mention giving you a ticket that tells you bus prices, route numbers, times etc. Obviously they put this together themselves. So again HUGELY impressed.
The room was modern, warm, immaculate and fab amenities at hand. The TV was an LG 40" flatty with a decent selection of channels that actually worked as well! The hotel also has gym , swimming pool and on site beauty treatments you can use and purchase massages etc. The pool and gym are inclusive.
Ok so onto the breakfast..... I am not exaggerating when I say this was one of the BEST I have eaten, full stop. There was a selection of full English, pastries, cereal, pancakes, fruit, meats, you name it they have it. I had the full English and croissants, it was fresh, tasty superbly cooked and not batch cooked so there was too much and it went nasty like a lot of hotels have problems with. It was that good, it makes me wish this hotel was local so I could go and get a weekend fry up!
Service every step of the way was superb, no miserable or unhappy rude staff. Well engaged and accommodating with every contact we made. We had treatments at the Spa, good value and highly recommend the hot stones massage. Totally relaxed me and took the stress away from normal life!
I cannot stress how good this hotel is and trust me when I say, you will not regret a stay here.
Holiday Inn you just found yourselves two new repeat customers! Oh and before I forget to mention we signed up to their priority club (no fee!) which also allowed us to stay in hotel room until 2pm, with no further charge . We will also begin collecting points with the group, smashing!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Edinburgh is a 4 Star modern hotel situated on the west of Edinburgh, three miles from the city centre, four miles from Edinburgh Airport, and adjacent to Edinburgh Zoo.The Hotel is ideally situated for both Leisure and Business, near to Edinburgh Business Park. The Holiday Inn Edinburgh enjoys great panoramic views of the Pentland Hills. The Hotel is perfect for leisure customers, with many nearby attractions including Edinburgh Castle, Holyrood Palace and the Museum of Scotland. The hotel has 303 rooms including Executive and Family rooms, ideal for Bank Holiday breaks. The hotel has a choice of two restaurants - Traders Restaurant or Sampans Oriental Restaurant, as well as a cafÃ© and relaxing bar. Kids Stay & Eat Free*. The Hotel boasts a Spirit Health and Fitness Club which is the ideal way to relax, with a fully equipped Gymnasium, Swimming Pool, Sauna, Spa and Beauty Treatments. Beauty Treatments can be booked prior to arrival on 0131 316 4739.On-site there are 200 complimentary Parking Spaces. Our Conference Centre 'The Academy' offers state-of-the-art suites, with 14 meeting rooms which can cater for up to 120 guests. Also accessible to Edinburgh University and ideally situated for Royal Highland Show Festival, Tattoo and Rugby Six Nations. *Terms and Conditions apply. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Edinburgh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Edinburgh Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Edinburgh Scotland