My husband, 6 year old son and I recently spent a 3 day break in Edinburgh as a birthday treat for me. We had wanted to find a hotel that was child friendly and that had a swimming pool. A friend of ours who stays in Edinburgh a lot on business, suggested the Holiday Inn as a good option.
We used to live in Edinburgh, so knew that the hotel was very close to the centre, which was also a great bonus for us.
We had the best stay and were so impressed with the service and how amazingly child friendly the hotel was.
The room was a good size and the beds huge. There was a welcome bag for our son and a sweet treat from reception on arrival. To say he was ecstatic would be an understatement. On our second night we paid to view the new Madagascar movie for a" family popcorn night" The movie would not play properly and one call to reception resulted in an immediate refund and a heartfelt apology.
The breakfast was outstanding and the choice really, really good. The facilities were excellent, the staff so friendly and helpful and we were even given a room at the back of the hotel as requested in my online booking.
The only niggle we had and it is a small one, is that the prices in the 2 restaurants were a bit pricey. We would have eaten in them as the menu looked great but not at the cost of almost £50 for the three of us. We went down the road instead and had a lovely meal for £35.
This is the only reason that I have given the hotel 4 stars instead of 5.
Overall, highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Edinburgh is a 4 Star modern hotel situated on the west of Edinburgh, three miles from the city centre, four miles from Edinburgh Airport, and adjacent to Edinburgh Zoo.The Hotel is ideally situated for both Leisure and Business, near to Edinburgh Business Park. The Holiday Inn Edinburgh enjoys great panoramic views of the Pentland Hills. The Hotel is perfect for leisure customers, with many nearby attractions including Edinburgh Castle, Holyrood Palace and the Museum of Scotland. The hotel has 303 rooms including Executive and Family rooms, ideal for Bank Holiday breaks. The hotel has a choice of two restaurants - Traders Restaurant or Sampans Oriental Restaurant, as well as a cafÃ© and relaxing bar. Kids Stay & Eat Free*. The Hotel boasts a Spirit Health and Fitness Club which is the ideal way to relax, with a fully equipped Gymnasium, Swimming Pool, Sauna, Spa and Beauty Treatments. Beauty Treatments can be booked prior to arrival on 0131 316 4739.On-site there are 200 complimentary Parking Spaces. Our Conference Centre 'The Academy' offers state-of-the-art suites, with 14 meeting rooms which can cater for up to 120 guests. Also accessible to Edinburgh University and ideally situated for Royal Highland Show Festival, Tattoo and Rugby Six Nations. *Terms and Conditions apply. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holiday Inn Edinburgh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Edinburgh Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Edinburgh Scotland