Holiday Inn Edinburgh
  • Room Service
$106
$96
  • Restaurant
Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
$168
TripAdvisor
  • Bar/Lounge
$654
$509
2,426 results
All reviewscity centrecool jadepentland hillsswimming poolexecutive roomleisure facilitiestrouser pressday ticketbus stop rightreception stafffamily roomsofa bedbuffet stylebus servicestayed here for one nighttea and coffeehaggis
Reviewed November 12, 2012

The hotel is right next to Edinburgh Zoo and 15 minutes walk from Murrayfield. Car parking is ample and free and safe. The hotel itself is typical of this hotel chain. Nice welcome from the reception staff in the well laid out vestibule complete with on site reasonably priced restaurant. I thought the rooms were a little over priced for what they were. Comfortable enough but basic. I've stayed in Edinburgh many times and for a lot less than the £250 (room only) that I paid you will find some very nice B & B's But as I was attending the Rugby at least it was very convenient. Expect to pay £10 on a taxi into the city centre or around £1.50 on the bus, but make sure you have the right change. The room I had was also very noisy as it was Zoo side so ask for a room on the other side of the hotel. Personally I would only stay here if I had to due to convenience.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed in the hotel for 2 nights overall was very good! Staff at reception were all very friendly and helpful taking an interest in our stay. The room was quite large and was all very clean. There was a large tv however there was no DVD player which would have been nice! I slept pretty well however it did become quite noisy in the room as we were situated towards the busy road. When we went for breakfast we were directed towards a general area and we could not find any tables that were cleared and struggled to get any of the staff to help with this issue. Once we had got a table the breakfast was super! All pool facilities were great and it is in a superb location for accessing the zoo!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 11, 2012

This hotel is well situated for a trip to Edinburgh and is right next to the zoo. Good sized clean rooms although you do need to keep the windows closed to keep out the zoo noise. Food is typical holiday inn style, reasonable choice at reasonable price. Would happily stay again if needing to be in the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Tillycass
Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

Three nights in this hotel last week and we couldn't fault a thing. Exceptionally clean. All staff encountered were extremely pleasant, especially those in restaurant who went out of their way to assist us. Food delightful. Husband recommends the haggis at breakfast. So quiet and lovely to hear animal sounds in the morning from the zoo. Thanks holiday inn. Will definately be back!

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Julie A
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Room was perfect , clean and great view with everything I needed. However you have to pay for wifi. £5 an hour! And you have to use it all at once. It's the biggest rip off ever. It should be free for guests. Everywhere you go it's free . Anyway will move on to the restaurant. Very noisy and basic. Very long wait for food which when it arrived , to be fair was very good. Well done to the kitchen. Restaurant Staff seemed confused at times. We felt abandoned. Was not that busy either. Breakfast was quite expensive at £13 odds being self service.Coffee was really awful. Scrambled eggs were strange? Maybe reconstituted ? Fried eggs were cold. Bacon ok sausages so so . Mushrooms good.Certainly poor quality ingredients. I run a restaurant myself and if I served breakfast like that I would expect complaints . A place this size and the prices they charge should do better especially with the coffee.

Room Tip: Ask for room 243 or similar
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends