The hotel is right next to Edinburgh Zoo and 15 minutes walk from Murrayfield. Car parking is ample and free and safe. The hotel itself is typical of this hotel chain. Nice welcome from the reception staff in the well laid out vestibule complete with on site reasonably priced restaurant. I thought the rooms were a little over priced for what they were. Comfortable enough but basic. I've stayed in Edinburgh many times and for a lot less than the £250 (room only) that I paid you will find some very nice B & B's But as I was attending the Rugby at least it was very convenient. Expect to pay £10 on a taxi into the city centre or around £1.50 on the bus, but make sure you have the right change. The room I had was also very noisy as it was Zoo side so ask for a room on the other side of the hotel. Personally I would only stay here if I had to due to convenience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Edinburgh is a 4 Star modern hotel situated on the west of Edinburgh, three miles from the city centre, four miles from Edinburgh Airport, and adjacent to Edinburgh Zoo.The Hotel is ideally situated for both Leisure and Business, near to Edinburgh Business Park. The Holiday Inn Edinburgh enjoys great panoramic views of the Pentland Hills. The Hotel is perfect for leisure customers, with many nearby attractions including Edinburgh Castle, Holyrood Palace and the Museum of Scotland. The hotel has 303 rooms including Executive and Family rooms, ideal for Bank Holiday breaks. The hotel has a choice of two restaurants - Traders Restaurant or Sampans Oriental Restaurant, as well as a cafÃ© and relaxing bar. Kids Stay & Eat Free*. The Hotel boasts a Spirit Health and Fitness Club which is the ideal way to relax, with a fully equipped Gymnasium, Swimming Pool, Sauna, Spa and Beauty Treatments. Beauty Treatments can be booked prior to arrival on 0131 316 4739.On-site there are 200 complimentary Parking Spaces. Our Conference Centre 'The Academy' offers state-of-the-art suites, with 14 meeting rooms which can cater for up to 120 guests. Also accessible to Edinburgh University and ideally situated for Royal Highland Show Festival, Tattoo and Rugby Six Nations. *Terms and Conditions apply. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotel.de, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holiday Inn Edinburgh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Edinburgh Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Edinburgh Scotland