Black Ivy
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewslinks hotelbruntsfield linkscity centreon arrivalstreet parkingbeautiful hotelhotel barusher halla wee bitfamily roomfull scottishfollowing morningspacious roomshort breakmin walkvisiting edinburghprinces street
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Booked last minute via hotel tonight! Very impressed! Staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room was quiet, large and luxurious. Service was available all night as they have a cheerful night porter who is always willing to help.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone!

Katie.F

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Katie F
Robsthomson, General Manager at Black Ivy, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Good evening,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Hotel Tonight is a fantastic app and I'm delighted you found us via this method. I am even more pleased that we met and exceeded your expectations - thank you for your mention of our night team, we are very fortunate to have committed and friendly staff members who continue to look after our guests around the clock and it's lovely when this is recognised.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best wishes,

Reviewed July 14, 2014

We stayed here as part of a self drive tour booked from Australia. Well done there is not park except pay parking on the street. The TV reception was very poor I fact impossible, floors in the room squeaked badly, the mattress was too thin so we bottomed out, we are not big people either. The fan in the bathroom could not be switched off without climbing up high into the ceiling balancing on the side table. The soap dispensers were both on the ground. We were here for 3 night, with breakfast. Breakfast 2 sorry no gas in the kitchen so no poached eggs, breakfast 3 no eggs no toast no baked goods at all. Made for a no thanks I'll go elsewhere even though I have paid for it already. To top it off, even the handle to the front entrance is half hanging off. Beware, this place seems to be poorly managed if at all. Or has no money for basic maintenance & supplies. I do hope the lovely staff are being paid.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank oldskool1961
Robsthomson, General Manager at Black Ivy, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2014

Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am very sorry to read that we did not deliver on several fronts. It is rare for me to have to respond to so many issues being raised at once and I do hope that you had the opportunity to discuss your concerns whilst you were here and something was done to alleviate the disappointment?

We did have an issue with the televisions which, when brought to our attention, was remedied as quickly as possible by an engineer attending the following day. I was not aware of any issues with food supplies and I shall discuss this directly with my kitchen team.

I am very pleased that you were treated very well by the staff team who are a credit to us.

Kind regards,

Reviewed July 9, 2014

We stayed here for a hen do in May, fantastic hotel! Lovely rooms, very comfortable, great breakfast the next morning! Staff where great very helpful! Would def stay here again great hotel! We got taxi's into the centre which only took about 5mins so handy!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Although I was not yet in my role in May I have taken on the stewardship of a lovely hotel with a fantastic staff team and it is no surprise that you benefited from this when you stayed. I trust the wedding was equally great, our congratulations to the happy couple!

Kind regards,

Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

I went with some friends for a dinner out and I loved it. The food was tasty and the terrace outside is wonderful. I ordered a glass of red wine which was pretty good too. The manager of the bar/hotel came outside to check and ask if everything was ok; very nice gesture. I recommend the nachos!!!

Stayed: July 2014

Good morning,

I do indeed remember saying 'hello' so it's lovely to see you have taken the time to write a review, especially as we provided you with a comfortable and happy stay. I am particularly pleased to read that you enjoyed our Nachos - something I find so many places do badly. Ours are made with 100% steak mince, home made salsa and we always provide a generous portion!

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Links Hotel

Regards

Reviewed July 8, 2014

I was visiting Edinburgh for my son's PhD graduation and this hotel couldn't have been in a better position as it was near where my son lived but also within walking distance to the University through the "Meadows".
The staff were very friendly & polite & nothing too much trouble.
The rooms were spotless & very well decorated & had excellent facilities - a big plus was that the towels were beautiful & soft & very white.
Breakfast was excellent & quickly served.
Although the worls cup was on & the bar full it was still very quiet in the room.
I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Kathryn G

Good morning,

Thank you for your review. I am delighted that you found the time to highlight all the little touches we have here to make your stay a memorable one. Congratulations on your sons graduation and we look forward to welcoming you all back in due course.

Kind Regards