“Comfortable and clean”
Review of Links Hotel

Links Hotel
Ranked #121 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

We spent a week from april 29th to may 06th 2014 in Links Hotel. We stayed in room 104 which was very spacious, very modern and clean. I should mention the towel warmer in the bathroom, never worked, I commented to one of the girls staff, but nobody repaired it during our stay. The hair dryer is a bit hidden in a trap door on the desktop wich is below the tv, and only cold air works. Regardless these two anecdotes, nothing stopped us enjoying our stay at the hotel. The bed was huge and very comfortable! There was an iron, and tea or coffe amenities and biscuits in the room. About the restaurant, I must say the food is exquisite, I suggest to taste the Yesterday's soup, The Deli Board, Shin Beef Stew, Steak sandwich, Caesar salad and the Gourmet burger that is delicious! All staff at the bar and restaurant were very friendly, helpful and always caring about us. I would like to make a special mention to Chris Ferguson to thanks us the good looking of our room, we have only done what we would do at home. Thanks for everything and we hope to see you soon. Luz Clemente

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Robsthomson, General Manager at Links Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. As I have only been recently appointed as the new General Manager I must apologise for the lengthy response time. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay and the details which were not quite to standard provide invaluable detail for me to work on areas of improvement.

With best wishes

Robin Thomson

Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

The official pictures of the hotel show nice and spacious rooms, decorated with taste. This might be the case (our room was very large and cozy), but don't let it fool you: the bathroom, although newly renovated, was full of molds. The headboard of the bed, made of tissue, was so dusty it had probably never been vacuumed and there were unidentified substances on the floor. Furthermore, the place was noisy (could hear every word from the neighboors, every door opening and closing, loud music from the bar downstairs at night). Great location in front of the park, but not worth it at all.

• Stayed: May 2014

Having looked at many areas of feedback from prior to my arrival it is very rare indeed for the cleanliness of the property to be raised as an issue. Indeed, I stayed prior to my official start with the company as a 'mystery guest' and was delighted with the standard of housekeeping. That said, there were clearly issues which were evident during your stay and feedback of this nature provides me with valuable detail to ensure any such areas are improved consistently.

With best wishes

Robin Thomson

Reviewed April 29, 2014

We stayed here in December as a birthday treat for my boyfriend. The staff were lovely, we had a hearty breakfast with haggis of course! I fell in love with the room, I want to decorate mine the same - LOVE the peacock curtains. The hotel bar was lovely with live music, we got rather tiddly on the whiskey. About a 20 minute walk into town, all in all a great stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Stayed for a Night in December and the room was fairly modern, clean and very spacious. Beds were comfy and I enjoyed a good nights sleep. It is great value for money. It is also a good location and within walking distance to the main city centre itself. The staff we come across were also very helpful. Overall we had a good experience and would happily stay here again on my return to Edinburgh.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 3, 2014

I stayed there for two nights in March, really nice double room, clean and spacious. The staff were more than pleasant and even allowed drinks after hours to your room. Foolishly, I left my entire Vanity case behind after my stay, and the hotel staff were more than obliging to send it back to me in London, cant thank them enough, espcially Jocelyn and Sharon! Great food, great location, amazing staff!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

Booked a voucher deal for this hotel which was an excellent offer, also paid for the shoulder night.
The room was nice, bathroom clean. Receptionist very pleasant and helpful as was the waiting staff.
First problem was my sister in laws bed, it was broken and when asked for a solution they offered to exchange for a bed about 12inches bigger than a single, and for a couple this is a bit small. So they slept on the broken bed on the first night and moved to a new room the second night. Dinner on the second night in the hotel at 8pm only one other table next to us so not busy but we were served quickly and staff great. I was actually amused with what was presented which was said to be on the menu as teriyaki chicken with butternut squash and pak choi, what arrived was 1 cremated chicken breast, shredded iceberg lettuce and my partner had 1 tiny cube of butternut squash. It was quickly returned and swapped for fish and chips which was adequate. Being in the business for a long time myself I would never have let that dish leave the kitchen. So nice staff, good rooms and hopefully only a one off bad food experience.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Stayed 5 nights alone in The Links, thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

Room was fantastic, modern yet comfy. All staff, from management to bar staff were well presented, polite and efficient, making me feel very welcome. Bar and restaurant were well set out, drinks might have been slightly over priced but not nearly as bad as some of the bars within Edinburgh itself. Food was well presented and very tasty. Also only a short ride into the city centre.

Overall a very good experience, lovely atmosphere and would highly recommend to anyone staying in Edinburgh!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the back of the hotel have a lovely large garden view, and a peek into the city.