“a weekend away”
Review of Links Hotel

Links Hotel
Ranked #113 of 150 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed October 28, 2012

The Links is our favourite place to stay in Eduinbugh for weekend away, a recent huge refurb has given this hotel a very good feel and ambience, nothing has changed, welcome was top notch, rooms are fabulous, try 102 and 202 if you can, the problems arose at breakfast, poor and slow service, 45 minutes wait for a very mediocre breakfast, not the quality food and service we have had in the past, a shame, wake up the management at The Links, you had alot of unhappy people in the breakfast room this morning

Room Tip: 102 and 202
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Links Hotel

Reviewed October 27, 2012

This hotel was a really excellent find. The location on Bruntsfield Park is nice and quiet but only a very pleasant 20 min walk to the centre although there are nice pubs, bars and restaurants nearby within a couple of minutes walk or just stay at the hotel. The decor and quality of the hotel is right up there with the best I have stayed in anywhere in the world and I travel a lot! Lovely bedroom and bathroom and very comfortable bed with excellent quality, crisp linen. The hotel also has a very nice and stylish bar and dining area and the staff are extremely friendly and polite which is a credit to General Manager John Carty who I met during my stay. An excellent and substantial Scottish breakfast was also provided which is another sign of a good hotel. All in all The Links represents extremely good value for money and I would have no hesitation in returning again, which I definately will!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for two nights in early October. On arrival at 6pm on a Tuesday evening the hotel was quiet and I had to go looking for a member of staff but I was still very hopeful as the hotel is finished to a high standard and I liked what I saw.

My room was 'cosy' in size and even though I was only staying two nights, I feel two people could have shared the room comfortably for a week. It had all the mod cons and a very comfortable bed, I could control the temperature of my radiator which is always an added bonus for me. The only fault I would have with the room was that it would benefit from heavy curtains in winter due to the draft from the single glazed slide and sash window, but this was only noticeable when you were right up at the window.

I had breakfast one morning during my stay. There was a good selection of cereals and hot meals, I had scrambled eggs and toast that tasted lovely.

The hotel and bar both are finished to a high standard and the staff were very friendly. As its only a half hour walk to the city centre it was the perfect base for a stay in Edinburgh.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank GerMurphy
Reviewed October 23, 2012

This is a well invested boutique hotel without city centre pricing. Food is a huge disappointment so use as a base. Buses at end road ( 2 min walk) to city centre ( journey 5 mins). Restaurant at hotel weird tapas menu andd quality of food Eve's weird. Breakfast great. Change eve menu and you're onto a real winner. Staff are brilliant especially Graeme and Sam. Try the cask ale brewed locally. Duechars beer really good.

Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at Links Hotel. We did an early drop off of our luggage at 9am and spent the day site seeing before checking in around 4pm. We didn't have any problems with our room or with the food, which was excellent. The location was great for walking to the city center and the staff was all very friendly. Views of the park from our room were great. We returned to Edinburgh a few nights later but had to stay at a different hotel because there was no availability at Links and we ended up paying much more money for a room that didn't include breakfast or WiFi (both of which were part of the rate at Links). Great value, location, food, service and room!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jamieras
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Would certainly recommend to friends. Very comfortable room spotlessly clean and a good breakfast. We have paid much more for poorer accommodation. The Links is close to the city centre and there are numerous good restaurants nearby. We will return

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank realmealsdelicatesse
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We stayed at the Links for 2 nights and the service was remarkably good. The staff at the reception table were always there to provide tips on travelling around Edinburgh. The housekeeping service is exceptionally quick-credit here goes to Brandon, a young boy who was very helpful and polite. Rooms were clean, new and comfortable. The bed did make some squeaky noise but this is totally negligible. The food was reasonably priced but delicious- especially the tapas. As I was vegetarian, I was pleasantly surprised that there was a vegetarian breakfast option as well as a good variety of vegetarian dishes available on the menu card. It is not smack in the city but is just a bus away and the bus can be taken from just the end of the road (a day ticket is a good idea if you plan on taking buses the whole day).Overall, we were very pleased with this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple